Re: Looking for Cinch Jones plugs

  • Andrew Wasson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2006
      Hey Paul,
      That's a great resource and yup Alied has them in small quantities.
      This is great.

      Thanks a lot,
      Andrew

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2006
        Andrew Wasson wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        > I know this is off topic for a Cosmac Elf board but based on the
        > varied backgrounds of the members here I thought I might get some info
        > on where I can acquire some Cinch plugs for a tube amp power supply my
        > dad's working on.
        >
        > We're looking for 2400 series (2410's, etc...) or 310's and 312's for
        > cables between the amps and power supplies.

        I have a few in my junk box, both male and female. What sizes do you
        need? I don't have any catalogs that identify them by number, but I have
        versions with 2 to 10 pins.
        --
        Ring the bells that still can ring
        Forget the perfect offering
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2006

          > I have a few in my junk box, both male and female. What sizes do you
          > need? I don't have any catalogs that identify them by number, but I
          have
          > versions with 2 to 10 pins.
          > --
          > Ring the bells that still can ring
          > Forget the perfect offering
          > There is a crack in everything
          > That's how the light gets in -- Leonard Cohen
          > --
          > Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart_at_earthlink.net

          Hi Lee,
          Thanks for the reply.

          We are looking for:
          P-2410-AB (Male 10 pin socket with angle bracket for chassis mount)
          S-2410-AB (Female 10 pin socket with angle bracket for chassis mount)
          P-2410-CCT (Male 10 pin socket for cable)
          S-2410-CCT (Female 10 pin socket for cable)

          We're looking for 4 of each.

          If you have any and are willing to sell them, I'd certainly appreciate
          it. Some of this series are available but we can't get a complete set.

          If you don't have them that's ok, I can get the full 2408 series from
          Allied and they will do just fine.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
            Andrew Wasson wrote:
            > We are looking for:
            > P-2410-AB (Male 10 pin socket with angle bracket for chassis mount)
            > S-2410-AB (Female 10 pin socket with angle bracket for chassis mount)
            > P-2410-CCT (Male 10 pin socket for cable)
            > S-2410-CCT (Female 10 pin socket for cable)
            >
            > We're looking for 4 of each.

            OK, here is what I have. Will any of these work for you? I don't have
            part numbers, but some are 2x5 (i.e. 10 pins in 2 rows of 5 each). Keep
            in mind that Cinch-Jones plugs are modular; you can saw large ones down
            to make smaller ones, put smaller ones together to make larger ones, and
            exchange chassis mount and cable mount hardware freely.

            The 5amp Cinch-Jones connectors look like half-size versions of standard
            120vac 15amp plugs and receptacles. In the smaller 5amp size I have:

            1 cable mount female, 2 pins
            2 cable mount male, 2 pins
            2 chassis mount male, 2x3 pins
            1 cable mount housing for above
            2 chassis mount 2x5 male
            1 chassis mount male, 2x5 pins, used
            2 cable mount male, 3x4 pins
            2 chassis mount female, 3x6 pins
            1 chassis mount female, 3x8 pins

            The 15amp Cinch-Jones plug has the same size blades and on the same
            centers as standard 120vac 15amp plugs and receptacles. In the larger
            15amp size I have:

            1 cable mount female, 2 pins, used
            1 chassis mount male, 2x2 pin
            2 cable mount male, 2x2 pin