info on the Membership Card

  • custom77chevy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      hello its been a wile since i've been able to catch up with the group
      and wanted to see what was new if any thing with the Membership Card
      thanks
      craig
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
        custom77chevy wrote:
        > hello its been a wile since i've been able to catch up with the group
        > and wanted to see what was new if any thing with the Membership Card

        I haven't had time to do any more with it the last few months. Maybe
        things will improve now that summer vacations are over and I'm back
        inside more.

        I did get the PC board laid out. I have pretty much all the parts to
        build them. I have a working breadboard, but haven't tried the PC
        parallel port interface except to see that I can toggle the lines high/low.

        What I wanted to do next was write a PC program to run the Membership
        card with the PC. When I know this is possible, then pay to build the PC
        boards. My worry is that the (rather arbitrary) choices I made for the
        PC's parallel port lines will turn out to be awkward or impossible to
        use for some weird reason (Microsoft blocks access, won't work with
        Windows, or something) If this happens, I can change the PCB layout for
        some other I/O line assignment.
        --
        Ring the bells that still can ring
        Forget the perfect offering
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006

          > What I wanted to do next was write a PC program to run
          > the Membership card with the PC. When I know this is
          > possible, then pay to build the PC boards. My worry is
          > that the (rather arbitrary) choices I made for the
          > PC's parallel port lines will turn out to be awkward
          > or impossible to use for some weird reason (Microsoft
          > blocks access, won't work with Windows, or something)
          > If this happens, I can change the PCB layout for
          > some other I/O line assignment.

          Hi Lee,

          I can help with the PC software. I am working on a
          similar project right now, and just the other night I got
          a win32 app to talk to the parallel port. I am using
          inpout32.dll, the freepascal compiler, with lazarus
          component library and ide (a free Delphi clone).

          Randy