eproms...V8x

  • Allison Parent
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006
      Having gone the gamut of having my old Kontron programmer
      release it's majik smoke and a major effort to make and
      program a programmer for 27C256s, I'm stuck. The programmer
      is on my favorte bus, s100 and programed in good old Z80 asm.

      Test Eproms work as expected.
      Read the V60 Eprom into ram and program another Eprom
      with that image works. So confidence is the eprom
      programmer functional.

      Try programming V85 into one and the result is a prom that
      verifies but at powerup in a 97 post. Print a list of the
      source hexfile and eprom hexfile and they match 100%.

      Try again with V87 and still get a post of 97. Is there
      something about the hex images of V85 and V87?

      Until I have V85/7 whatever running on the EELF progress
      is halted on all efforts.

      Any ideas?

      Allison
    • Allison Parent
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        Never mind.. I hate PCs.

        Turns out the file was corrupted (pieces deleted) by
        the emailer export to file function. I had to track it
        all the way back to the PC then compare the extracted file
        to one viewed in the mailer. No clear idea why it happend
        as retrying the extract produced a valid file.

        With V87 (V85 and V60) operational I find pushing my EELF (1802CE)
        to greater than 3.2mhz mhz works fine at the single board level
        but fails with RS232/IDE/RDC is added. It also tended
        to behave if the VCC (nominal 5V) was lower than 5V (4.75V)
        at 3.68mhz but not at 5 or 5.1V. Such is the oddity of 1802
        timing when pushed.

        Allison