Re: COSMAC Elf2K on the cover of Nuts and Volts Magazine

  • erd_6502
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2006
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "jamesa4404" <jamesa4404@...> wrote:

      > Yep. Time flys when your having fun. I love it that they show the
      > toggle switches, that what make it an Elf. You haven't lived until you
      > try to wire wrap one of those puppys (I mean the original shown 30
      > year ago).

      I never wire-wrapped an Elf, but I did make one with point-to-point
      wires (normal sockets, soldering...) that was a blast to make. I
      started from the original articles and a photo of a modern one, and
      had great success putting it together (only one wiring error that was
      quick to find). One of the best kicks was having the 1861 PIXIE video
      work the first time I toggled in the old "Enterprise" program...

      -ethan