Re: Pico/Elf V2 Update

  • burke43
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 7, 2006
      Dear Mike;
      I am interested in 2 boards and partial kits. I am new to the group,
      but am renewing my interest in the 1802. I had an ELF 2 way back
      when..

      Looking forward to hearing final details on the kits..Thanks

      Larry Burke

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, rileym65 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > To anybody who is interested in the Pico/Elf V2. I have ordered 2
      > prototype boards today. After I have built the prototype and
      > validated the design I will make the PCB (or kit) available. Here
      are
      > the costs associated with building a Pico/Elf V2:
      >
      > PCB $9.40 up to $107
      > CDP1802 Whatever you can find them for
      > Other parts $21.06 (when ordered from Jameco)
      > ROM (27c256OTP) $1.99 (if you can burn your own)
      > Power supply any +5v supply should do
      >
      > The price of the PCB is dependent on how many are ordered, the worst
      > case of $107 is buying only 2 boards, the best case of $9.40 is
      based
      > on a 100 piece lot. So, the more boards people are interested in,
      the
      > cheaper they will be for all of us.
      >
      > I can provide the rom burned with my BIOS and ELF/OS installer for
      $5
      > plus shipping for anybody who cannot burn their own, otherwise the
      > images necessary for making the rom are available from my site.
      >
      > For somebody who wants a full kit (including cpu and rom), it will
      be
      > priced at around $40 plus the cost of the PCB (the PCB being the
      > variable part of the cost)
      >
      > Here are the specs of the Pico/Elf V2:
      > CDP1802 CPU running up to 5mhz (with a CDP1802BCE)
      > 32k RAM
      > 32k ROM (BIOS and Elf/OS installation package)
      > MAX232 RS232 port
      > 8-bit IDE interface
      > Micro/Elf V2 expansion bus
      > Runs from a single +5v supply
      > Board size: 4.7" x 3.85"
      >
      > This machine can be used with either my 1861/ps2 interface or my
      > tms9118/ps2 interface. The Micro/Elf expansion board cannot be used
      > with this, nor is it needed, everything the Micro/Elf expansion
      board
      > gives is already part of the Pico/Elf. This machine can also be
      used
      > with the Pico/Elf front panel expansion.
      >
      > Note: This machine requires some kind of rom to work. It was
      > designed as a machine for running Elf/OS but could be used for other
      > purposes with the correct rom. Even with the front panel this
      machine
      > has no load mode and so would at least need some form of small os in
      > the rom to use just the front panel.
      >
      > If you are interested in a Pico/Elf board or kit, or have questions
      > concerning this machine, please feel free to contact me.
      >
      > Mike

    • rileym65
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 7, 2006
        Larry,
        Thank you for your interest in the Pico/Elf. Lately i have been
        pretty sidetracked and just have not had enough time to get the thing
        finalized. There were quite a few people interested in this, so i
        will see if i can get the thing finalized.
        Have you looked at the Elf2k (by Spare Time Gizmos)? This is an
        excellent Elf kit, and depending on what you are looking to do, may be
        something you might want to look at.
        Mike

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "burke43" <burke43@...> wrote:

        > Dear Mike;
        > I am interested in 2 boards and partial kits. I am new to the group,
        > but am renewing my interest in the 1802. I had an ELF 2 way back
        > when..
        >
        > Looking forward to hearing final details on the kits..Thanks
        >
        > Larry Burke
        >

        > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, rileym65 <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > To anybody who is interested in the Pico/Elf V2. I have ordered 2
        > > prototype boards today. After I have built the prototype and
        > > validated the design I will make the PCB (or kit) available. Here
        > are
        > > the costs associated with building a Pico/Elf V2:
        > >
        > > PCB $9.40 up to $107
        > > CDP1802 Whatever you can find them for
        > > Other parts $21.06 (when ordered from Jameco)
        > > ROM (27c256OTP) $1.99 (if you can burn your own)
        > > Power supply any +5v supply should do
        > >
        > > The price of the PCB is dependent on how many are ordered, the worst
        > > case of $107 is buying only 2 boards, the best case of $9.40 is
        > based
        > > on a 100 piece lot. So, the more boards people are interested in,
        > the
        > > cheaper they will be for all of us.
        > >
        > > I can provide the rom burned with my BIOS and ELF/OS installer for
        > $5
        > > plus shipping for anybody who cannot burn their own, otherwise the
        > > images necessary for making the rom are available from my site.
        > >
        > > For somebody who wants a full kit (including cpu and rom), it will
        > be
        > > priced at around $40 plus the cost of the PCB (the PCB being the
        > > variable part of the cost)
        > >
        > > Here are the specs of the Pico/Elf V2:
        > > CDP1802 CPU running up to 5mhz (with a CDP1802BCE)
        > > 32k RAM
        > > 32k ROM (BIOS and Elf/OS installation package)
        > > MAX232 RS232 port
        > > 8-bit IDE interface
        > > Micro/Elf V2 expansion bus
        > > Runs from a single +5v supply
        > > Board size: 4.7" x 3.85"
        > >
        > > This machine can be used with either my 1861/ps2 interface or my
        > > tms9118/ps2 interface. The Micro/Elf expansion board cannot be used
        > > with this, nor is it needed, everything the Micro/Elf expansion
        > board
        > > gives is already part of the Pico/Elf. This machine can also be
        > used
        > > with the Pico/Elf front panel expansion.
        > >
        > > Note: This machine requires some kind of rom to work. It was
        > > designed as a machine for running Elf/OS but could be used for other
        > > purposes with the correct rom. Even with the front panel this
        > machine
        > > has no load mode and so would at least need some form of small os in
        > > the rom to use just the front panel.
        > >
        > > If you are interested in a Pico/Elf board or kit, or have questions
        > > concerning this machine, please feel free to contact me.
        > >
        > > Mike

      • Robert Armstrong
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 7, 2006
          >Have you looked at the Elf2k (by Spare Time Gizmos)?

          Which is here, BTW

          http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Elf2K.htm

          Also, if you want something small, the Embedded Elf is about 3" square.
          It's here

          http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Elf2K_Accessories.htm#The%20Embedded
          %20Elf

          and there's a chapter on it in the back of the Elf 2000 manual

          http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Downloads/Elf2k.pdf

          however there'll be no hard feelings if you hold out for one of Mike's Pico
          Elves :-)

          Bob