1802 Intersil Package types.

  • sncf141r
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
      Hi All;

      Like many of you, I remember the days waaaaay back when when
      the 1802 was new and interesting.

      Can anyone tell me which "CDP1802" is the best one? I'm referring to
      the package types; Intersil has packages E40.6 and D40.6; PDIP and
      SBDIP; some burnt in, others not.

      What's the differences?

      (It's interesting that these are still around; wondering about an
      1861, though...)

      Thanks;

      John Stewart
      Ottawa, Canada.
    • sncf141r
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
        > "Best" for what purpose?

        For wire-wrapping, using sockets, and for 5v operation. I was unsure
        what the different package names meant; I had forgotten about ceramic
        packaging.

        Thanks for the reply;

        JohnS.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
          sncf141r wrote:
          > Can anyone tell me which "CDP1802" is the best one? I'm referring to
          > the package types; Intersil has packages E40.6 and D40.6; PDIP and
          > SBDIP; some burnt in, others not.

          "Best" for what purpose?

          The black plastic package is the cheapest. But, it has a narrower range
          of temperatures it can operate at, and is not hermetically sealed
          (moisture can s-l-o-w-l-y leak thru the case and ruin the chip).

          The ceramic packages with the metal lid are expensive, but hermetically
          sealed and can operate over the entire military temperature range.

          Beyond that, the chips are all the same inside. They just do different
          amounts of testing. For example, if the part works at 10v, they marked
          it 1802CD. If it only worked to 5v, they marked it 1802CE. Likewise for
          different temperature ranges.
          --
          Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
          814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering