Re: TIL 311

  • russatowt
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 1, 2006
      I don't know if they actually have these in stock but I saw TIL311's
      for sale for $5.95/ea.

      http://www.halted.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=17561
    • whd_whd_whd
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 27 9:37 AM
        For archival / historical reference:

        Here is a list of type equivalents for the 74s188:

        Fujitus 7111
        Signetics 82s23
        AMD 27s18
        MMI 6330
        National 74s188
        Texas 18sa30
        Harris 7602

        > Patrick Draper wrote:
        > >
        > > On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 06:59:27PM -0600, Lee Hart wrote:
        > > > use an EPROM, PAL or microcontroller, programmed as a hex-to-7segment
        > >
        > > That's such a nice, simple solution.
        >
        > It only looks simple externally. Inside, it's a darned complicated
        > solution! Nevertheless, looks count...
        >
        > > Now, is there an easy way to drive multiple digits from one EPROM? :-)
        >
        > There are several approaches that come to mind.
        >
        > 1. Use a 32x8 PROM, like a 74S188. 4 of the 5 address inputs are the hex
        > number to be displayed. Program 7 of the 8 outputs to drive the 7
        > segments of your LED display. Use two PROMs, one each for the high
        > and low nibble.

        {snip}