Anyone Willing to Beta Test a new emulator

  • bill_rowe_ottawa
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      I've been working on an 1802 emulator and it's at the stage where it
      could use someone else testing it. I plan to make it freely
      available with Visual Basic Source Code.

      I got into doing this because I wanted to be able to access a
      keyboard and implement a Forth interpreter that I developed in the
      70s (I also didn't realize just how much work it was going to be).

      It's a bit slow so far so the 1861 emulation is a bit painful. I
      don't want to optimize it until I'm sure it's correct as written.

      If anyone is willing to put some effort into beta testing I'd be
      happy to send you a copy to try. I'd also be grateful for any
      examples of code -preferably not 1861-dependent.
    • herc_fun
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        --- In cosmacelf@y..., "bill_rowe_ottawa" <bill.rowe@r...> wrote:
        > I've been working on an 1802 emulator ...
        > If anyone is willing to put some effort into beta testing ...

        I think many of the list members would enjoy kicking the tires on
        this. It is unfortunate that Bill Richman's emulator has a bug or
        two and is somewhat limited in terms of memory size/configuration
        etc. and it appears there's no chance of getting that fixed. Your
        work-of-art-in-development may be just what the group needs to re-
        kindle elf fever.

        I think you should keep a current development snapshot in the group
        files area (currently 3413 Kb used of 20480 Kb total). That way
        group members can test it out and comment back to the group at their
        leasure.

        What do you think?

        Charlie
        (also in Ottawa)