Re: [cosmacelf] EELF Board Run - Final Call

  • jim cunningham
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
      I would like a bcb
      Would you like a credir card number?
      I am from UK

      Andrew Wasson <andrew@...> wrote:
      Hi Guys,
      It looks like we have enough confirmed orders to break the 10 board
      minimum and we're ready to do an initial run.

      Before we go ahead I wanted to make certain that everyone who was
      interested had the opportunity to get on the list. At the moment with
      our bulk order the boards are going to cost $25 + postage but a single
      board would cost $43 (I think). This being the case, it is a much
      better value getting in on this run than having a one-off done at some
      later date.

      Our list is as follows:

      Confirmed
      Robert Armstrong
      Andrew Wasson
      Ethan Dicks
      Ken Harty
      Mike Riley
      Mark Jungwirth
      David Elliot

      Unconfirmed
      Bill Rowe
      Rodger (rodshan6120)
      Kathy

      Bill, Rodger & Kathy, if you could confirm (or unconfirm) with me or
      Bob that would be great.

      Anyone else who is interested, please drop Bill or me a line as soon
      as you can. I'm not sure when Bill's going to put in the order but I
      think sooner rather than later is the plan.

      Cheers,

      Visit the COSMAC ELF website at http://www.cosmacelf.com

      Palm os database Palm os development software Palm os development Palm os software Palm os bible Palm os development tool

    • Andrew Wasson
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
        Hi Jim,
        I've forwarded your message to Bob. This will probably only increase the
        postage necessary to get it to you.

        Cheers,
        Andrew

        _____

[...]

        ---------------------------------

        =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
        Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=1sCK0VlkBy6MNHZ2vBw
        1cA> os database Palm
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development+software&w1=Palm+os
        +database&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+
        software&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=rqfXqtQ
        6nm0LNylpSuu2MA> os development software Palm
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development&w1=Palm+os+database
        &w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&
        w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=CpEt6-cLkFb5E99H
        ymO1GQ> os development
        Palm
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+software&w1=Palm+os+database&w2
        =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
        Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
        kLg> os software Palm
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+bible&w1=Palm+os+database&w2=Pa
        lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal
        m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
        > os bible Palm
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development+tool&w1=Palm+os+dat
        abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft
        ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY
        cop6ndQvgrg> os development tool

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "cosmacelf
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosmacelf> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • Robert Armstrong
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
          The UK is not a problem and yes, it will cost a little more for postage
          :-)

          Bob

> [...]

          ymO1GQ> os development
          Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
          > &k=Palm+os+software&w1=Palm+os+database&w2
          =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
          Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
          kLg> os software Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
          > &k=Palm+os+bible&w1=Palm+os+database&w2=Pa
          lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal
          m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
          > os bible Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
          > &k=Palm+os+development+tool&w1=Palm+os+dat
          abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft
          ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY

        • Nick
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
            Hello,
            I'm new to this board. I joined because out of "nastalgia" for the
            days long past when I had a Quest SuperElf. I might be interested
            in this board order but can someone please point me to a message or
            url that explains exactly what this is. For example, what parts
            will I need to hunt for, etc? I tried searching through the
            messages for the info but there are a lot of messages here. Thanks!
            -Nick

            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wasson" <andrew@l...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Guys,
            > It looks like we have enough confirmed orders to break the 10 board
            > minimum and we're ready to do an initial run.
            >
            > Before we go ahead I wanted to make certain that everyone who was
            > interested had the opportunity to get on the list. At the moment
            with
            > our bulk order the boards are going to cost $25 + postage but a
            single
            > board would cost $43 (I think). This being the case, it is a much
            > better value getting in on this run than having a one-off done at
            some
            > later date.
            >
            > Our list is as follows:
            >
            > Confirmed
            > Robert Armstrong
            > Andrew Wasson
            > Ethan Dicks
            > Ken Harty
            > Mike Riley
            > Mark Jungwirth
            > David Elliot
            >
            > Unconfirmed
            > Bill Rowe
            > Rodger (rodshan6120)
            > Kathy
            >
            > Bill, Rodger & Kathy, if you could confirm (or unconfirm) with me
            or
            > Bob that would be great.
            >
            > Anyone else who is interested, please drop Bill or me a line as
            soon
            > as you can. I'm not sure when Bill's going to put in the order but
            > think sooner rather than later is the plan.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Andrew
          • Andrew Wasson
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
              Hey Nick,
              That's the same reason I joined except I had an Elf II. Now I've got a Super
              Elf :-)

              This little project started because I saw this thread by Robert:

              Here's a picture of it:
              http://linux.lunadesign.org/Spare+Time+Gizmos+Embedded+Elf.jpg

              It struck me that Robert had something really neat and responded to it as
              follows:

              How's that for the Cole's Notes version.

              Andrew

              _____

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                Nick,
                If you want more info about the capabilities of the circuit and s/w
                that'll run on it check out the Elf2000 at:
                http://www.sparetimegizmos.com
                As well as the wealth of info over at:
                http://www.elf-emulation.com/

                The Embedded Elf doesn't have a display or front panel
                (keypad/switches) built into it. In my mind it is more of am
                experimenters system where you could expand it as much or little as
                you like. You would want to connect the basic unit to a serial cable
                and then run it using your desktop/laptop as a terminal.

                Andrew

                --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wasson <andrew@l...> wrote:
                > Hey Nick,
                > That's the same reason I joined except I had an Elf II. Now I've got
                a Super
                > Elf :-)
                >
                > This little project started because I saw this thread by Robert:
                >
                > Here's a picture of it:
                > http://linux.lunadesign.org/Spare+Time+Gizmos+Embedded+Elf.jpg
                >
                > It struck me that Robert had something really neat and responded to
                it as
                > follows:
                >
                > How's that for the Cole's Notes version.
                >
                > Andrew
                >
                > _____

                On Behalf
> [...]
                > 6nm0LNylpSuu2MA> os development software Palm

                &w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&

                w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=CpEt6-cLkFb5E99H
                > ymO1GQ> os development
                > Palm

                =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=

                Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
                > kLg> os software Palm

                lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal

                m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
                > > os bible Palm

                abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft

                ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY

              • rodshan6120
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                  I'll confirm it now. I am absolutely firm on one, and would not have a problem with
                  two, if that would put it into the next pricing bracket.

                  --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wasson" <andrew@l...> wrote:

                  > Hi Guys,
                  > It looks like we have enough confirmed orders to break the 10 board
                  > minimum and we're ready to do an initial run.
                  >
                  > Before we go ahead I wanted to make certain that everyone who was
                  > interested had the opportunity to get on the list. At the moment with
                  > our bulk order the boards are going to cost $25 + postage but a single
                  > board would cost $43 (I think). This being the case, it is a much
                  > better value getting in on this run than having a one-off done at some
                  > later date.
                  >
                  > Our list is as follows:
                  >
                  > Confirmed
                  > Robert Armstrong
                  > Andrew Wasson
                  > Ethan Dicks
                  > Ken Harty
                  > Mike Riley
                  > Mark Jungwirth
                  > David Elliot
                  >
                  > Unconfirmed
                  > Bill Rowe
                  > Rodger (rodshan6120)
                  > Kathy
                  >
                  > Bill, Rodger & Kathy, if you could confirm (or unconfirm) with me or
                  > Bob that would be great.
                  >
                  > Anyone else who is interested, please drop Bill or me a line as soon
                  > as you can. I'm not sure when Bill's going to put in the order but I
                  > think sooner rather than later is the plan.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Andrew

                • Andrew Wasson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                    Thanks Roger,
                    We're at just over 10 boards and I'm not sure where the next break comes in.
                    Probably not for quite a few more so I've got you down for 1 board.

                    Cheers,
                    Andrew

                    _____

> [...]

                    ymO1GQ> os development
                    Palm
                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+software&w1=Palm+os+database&w2
                    =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
                    Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
                    kLg> os software Palm
                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+bible&w1=Palm+os+database&w2=Pa
                    lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal
                    m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
                    > os bible Palm
                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development+tool&w1=Palm+os+dat
                    abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft
                    ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY

                  • mryanmryan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
                      > Andrew
                      Add my name to the list.

                      "Mike Ryan" mryan@...
                    • Andrew Wasson
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
                        When I answered Nick's query yesterday, I wasn't correct about the front
                        panel of the EELF. It doesn't have any switches or a keypad for input but it
                        does have a data display in the form of 8 tiny leds on the board.

                        When I first get mine going, I'll use a serial connector with a desktop
                        computer as a terminal however, it should be relatively simple to make an
                        eight switch input panel and interface it so that you can program it like
                        the original Elf. If we can finally find decent buttons, a Hex Keypad should
                        be pretty simple to integrate with it too. Lots of room for expansion.

                        There's my 2 bits.
                        Andrew

                        _____