EELF Board Run - Final Call

  • Andrew Wasson
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hi Guys,
      It looks like we have enough confirmed orders to break the 10 board
      minimum and we're ready to do an initial run.

      Before we go ahead I wanted to make certain that everyone who was
      interested had the opportunity to get on the list. At the moment with
      our bulk order the boards are going to cost $25 + postage but a single
      board would cost $43 (I think). This being the case, it is a much
      better value getting in on this run than having a one-off done at some
      later date.

      Our list is as follows:

      Confirmed
      Robert Armstrong
      Andrew Wasson
      Ethan Dicks
      Ken Harty
      Mike Riley
      Mark Jungwirth
      David Elliot

      Unconfirmed
      Bill Rowe
      Rodger (rodshan6120)
      Kathy

      Bill, Rodger & Kathy, if you could confirm (or unconfirm) with me or
      Bob that would be great.

      Anyone else who is interested, please drop Bill or me a line as soon
      as you can. I'm not sure when Bill's going to put in the order but I
      think sooner rather than later is the plan.

      Cheers,
      Andrew
    • jim cunningham
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
        I would like a bcb
        Would you like a credir card number?
        I am from UK

        Andrew Wasson <andrew@...> wrote:
[...]

        Visit the COSMAC ELF website at http://www.cosmacelf.com

        Palm os database Palm os development software Palm os development Palm os software Palm os bible Palm os development tool

      • Andrew Wasson
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
          Hi Jim,
          I've forwarded your message to Bob. This will probably only increase the
          postage necessary to get it to you.

          Cheers,
          Andrew

          _____

[...]

          ---------------------------------

          =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
          Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=1sCK0VlkBy6MNHZ2vBw
          1cA> os database Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development+software&w1=Palm+os
          +database&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+
          software&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=rqfXqtQ
          6nm0LNylpSuu2MA> os development software Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development&w1=Palm+os+database
          &w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&
          w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=CpEt6-cLkFb5E99H
          ymO1GQ> os development
          Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+software&w1=Palm+os+database&w2
          =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
          Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
          kLg> os software Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+bible&w1=Palm+os+database&w2=Pa
          lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal
          m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
          > os bible Palm
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development+tool&w1=Palm+os+dat
          abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft
          ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY
          cop6ndQvgrg> os development tool

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "cosmacelf
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosmacelf> " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Robert Armstrong
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
            The UK is not a problem and yes, it will cost a little more for postage
            :-)

            Bob

> [...]

            ymO1GQ> os development
            Palm
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
            > &k=Palm+os+software&w1=Palm+os+database&w2
            =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
            Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
            kLg> os software Palm
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
            > &k=Palm+os+bible&w1=Palm+os+database&w2=Pa
            lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal
            m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
            > os bible Palm
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
            > &k=Palm+os+development+tool&w1=Palm+os+dat
            abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft
            ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY

          • Nick
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
              Hello,
              I'm new to this board. I joined because out of "nastalgia" for the
              days long past when I had a Quest SuperElf. I might be interested
              in this board order but can someone please point me to a message or
              url that explains exactly what this is. For example, what parts
              will I need to hunt for, etc? I tried searching through the
              messages for the info but there are a lot of messages here. Thanks!
              -Nick

              --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wasson" <andrew@l...>
              wrote:
              > Hi Guys,
              > It looks like we have enough confirmed orders to break the 10 board
              > minimum and we're ready to do an initial run.
              >
              > Before we go ahead I wanted to make certain that everyone who was
              > interested had the opportunity to get on the list. At the moment
              with
              > our bulk order the boards are going to cost $25 + postage but a
              single
              > board would cost $43 (I think). This being the case, it is a much
              > better value getting in on this run than having a one-off done at
              some
              > later date.
              >
              > Our list is as follows:
              >
              > Confirmed
              > Robert Armstrong
              > Andrew Wasson
              > Ethan Dicks
              > Ken Harty
              > Mike Riley
              > Mark Jungwirth
              > David Elliot
              >
              > Unconfirmed
              > Bill Rowe
              > Rodger (rodshan6120)
              > Kathy
              >
              > Bill, Rodger & Kathy, if you could confirm (or unconfirm) with me
              or
              > Bob that would be great.
              >
              > Anyone else who is interested, please drop Bill or me a line as
              soon
              > as you can. I'm not sure when Bill's going to put in the order but
              > think sooner rather than later is the plan.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Andrew
            • Andrew Wasson
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                Hey Nick,
                That's the same reason I joined except I had an Elf II. Now I've got a Super
                Elf :-)

                This little project started because I saw this thread by Robert:

                Here's a picture of it:
                http://linux.lunadesign.org/Spare+Time+Gizmos+Embedded+Elf.jpg

                It struck me that Robert had something really neat and responded to it as
                follows:

                How's that for the Cole's Notes version.

                Andrew

                _____

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                  Nick,
                  If you want more info about the capabilities of the circuit and s/w
                  that'll run on it check out the Elf2000 at:
                  http://www.sparetimegizmos.com
                  As well as the wealth of info over at:
                  http://www.elf-emulation.com/

                  The Embedded Elf doesn't have a display or front panel
                  (keypad/switches) built into it. In my mind it is more of am
                  experimenters system where you could expand it as much or little as
                  you like. You would want to connect the basic unit to a serial cable
                  and then run it using your desktop/laptop as a terminal.

                  Andrew

                  --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wasson <andrew@l...> wrote:
                  > Hey Nick,
                  > That's the same reason I joined except I had an Elf II. Now I've got
                  a Super
                  > Elf :-)
                  >
                  > This little project started because I saw this thread by Robert:
                  >
                  > Here's a picture of it:
                  > http://linux.lunadesign.org/Spare+Time+Gizmos+Embedded+Elf.jpg
                  >
                  > It struck me that Robert had something really neat and responded to
                  it as
                  > follows:
                  >
                  > How's that for the Cole's Notes version.
                  >
                  > Andrew
                  >
                  > _____

                  On Behalf
> [...]
                  > 6nm0LNylpSuu2MA> os development software Palm

                  &w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&

                  w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=CpEt6-cLkFb5E99H
                  > ymO1GQ> os development
                  > Palm

                  =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=

                  Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
                  > kLg> os software Palm

                  lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal

                  m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
                  > > os bible Palm

                  abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft

                  ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY

                • rodshan6120
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                    I'll confirm it now. I am absolutely firm on one, and would not have a problem with
                    two, if that would put it into the next pricing bracket.

                    --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wasson" <andrew@l...> wrote:

                    > Hi Guys,
                    > It looks like we have enough confirmed orders to break the 10 board
                    > minimum and we're ready to do an initial run.
                    >
                    > Before we go ahead I wanted to make certain that everyone who was
                    > interested had the opportunity to get on the list. At the moment with
                    > our bulk order the boards are going to cost $25 + postage but a single
                    > board would cost $43 (I think). This being the case, it is a much
                    > better value getting in on this run than having a one-off done at some
                    > later date.
                    >
                    > Our list is as follows:
                    >
                    > Confirmed
                    > Robert Armstrong
                    > Andrew Wasson
                    > Ethan Dicks
                    > Ken Harty
                    > Mike Riley
                    > Mark Jungwirth
                    > David Elliot
                    >
                    > Unconfirmed
                    > Bill Rowe
                    > Rodger (rodshan6120)
                    > Kathy
                    >
                    > Bill, Rodger & Kathy, if you could confirm (or unconfirm) with me or
                    > Bob that would be great.
                    >
                    > Anyone else who is interested, please drop Bill or me a line as soon
                    > as you can. I'm not sure when Bill's going to put in the order but I
                    > think sooner rather than later is the plan.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Andrew

                  • Andrew Wasson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
                      Thanks Roger,
                      We're at just over 10 boards and I'm not sure where the next break comes in.
                      Probably not for quite a few more so I've got you down for 1 board.

                      Cheers,
                      Andrew

                      _____

> [...]

                      ymO1GQ> os development
                      Palm
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+software&w1=Palm+os+database&w2
                      =Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=
                      Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=iF1PNGR4J3anf5AUhLK
                      kLg> os software Palm
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+bible&w1=Palm+os+database&w2=Pa
                      lm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+software&w5=Pal
                      m+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Wc7aW8wlMqXDxiKs9O8WbQ
                      > os bible Palm
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Palm+os+development+tool&w1=Palm+os+dat
                      abase&w2=Palm+os+development+software&w3=Palm+os+development&w4=Palm+os+soft
                      ware&w5=Palm+os+bible&w6=Palm+os+development+tool&c=6&s=152&.sig=Ety8yZBIRwY

                    • mryanmryan
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
                        > Andrew
                        Add my name to the list.

                        "Mike Ryan" mryan@...
                      • Andrew Wasson
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
                          When I answered Nick's query yesterday, I wasn't correct about the front
                          panel of the EELF. It doesn't have any switches or a keypad for input but it
                          does have a data display in the form of 8 tiny leds on the board.

                          When I first get mine going, I'll use a serial connector with a desktop
                          computer as a terminal however, it should be relatively simple to make an
                          eight switch input panel and interface it so that you can program it like
                          the original Elf. If we can finally find decent buttons, a Hex Keypad should
                          be pretty simple to integrate with it too. Lots of room for expansion.

                          There's my 2 bits.
                          Andrew

                          _____