floating point library

  • rileym65
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      To anybody who is interested,

      I have uploaded into the files section on this site (under my
      contributions folder) a file called float.tgz. This is the beginning
      of my single precision floating point library. I started this for the
      L3 version of Rc/Basic, which will support floating point. The
      following functions are currently provided:

      fp_atof
      fp_add
      fp_sub
      fp_mul
      fp_div

      The library right now is about 1200 bytes.and has no dependencies

      The following functions are slated to be added to this library:

      fp_ftoa
      fp_sin
      fp_cos
      fp_tan
      fp_asin
      fp_acos
      fp_atan
      fp_sqrt
      fp_power
      fp_ln
      fp_exp
      fp_log

      Arguments are in general as follows:

      ARG1 = R8:R7 (R8 is high word)
      ARG2 = RA:R9

      Result is returned in R8:R7

      All registers above R6 are clobbered by all routines. at some point i
      will probably add some register saving functions, but for now, save
      any registers before calling any of the functions.

      If you are interested in the algorhythms that I am using, i can
      provide you with a c source file, which is much easier to understand
      than the 1802 assembly.

      Mike