Tiny Basic...It's alive!!

  • aa3nm
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Well, since I posted this info on the old forum, I think I should
      post it here as well.

      I have a copy of Tom Pittman's Tiny Basic for the 1802. Originally
      it was on 2-1k proms. I've coppied it onto 2k proms, modified the code
      to jump to a 300 baud I/O routine (I have the rs232 iption on my
      Super Elf) which is also in prom.

      I have copies of the code in several electronic formats and can make
      copies of the original manuals if needed. I am willing to share but
      there are several customizable subtlties related to formats and I/O
      routines that need to be discussed if TB is to run "out of the box".

      Currently my Super ELF comes up running Tiny Basic at 300 baud. (I do
      use a Pentium Laptop as a dumb terminal to talk to it, still it's
      nice be able to program in basic again.)

      On the "wants list"... I have the manual for Quest's editor
      assembler... I know I had the tape to go with it, but it seems to
      have vanished. Does anyone have a copy?

      Thanks,
      and nice forum,

      Steve Gemeny
      aa3nm@...
    • aa3nm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        My version (for the Quest Super ELF) of Tiny Basic really wants to be
        loaded at 8400 though. The I/O routine I use runs on the Q and EF3 I
        modified three LBR instructions in TB to jump to the I/O routine at
        8300 (the unused 1/4 K block between the QUEST Super Monitor and TB,
        otherwise TB assumes I/O is at 0100 Input, 0103 Output & 0106 Break).

        8000 - 82FF Super Monitor
        8300 - 83DF TB I/O and Text Lable
        83E0 - 83FF Not used
        8400 - 8BFF Tiny Basic

        TB finds all available ram and assumes it can use all of it. It
        seems that TB also makes use of the original page of CMOS memory on
        the Super Elf (this gets moved to 9800 when the 4K memory is added).
        There is a whole list of stuff TB stores there in Appendix D of the
        manual.

        Better find a way to have memory in 9800 to 98FF, it's probably
        easier than changing TB.

        <<< Late BREAKING News while coping this post from the old forum >>>

        I found a note in the delivery sheet that modifies Appendix D to
        point to page 00 instead of page 98... I'll have to run TB and poke
        around to be sure which is correct.

        Later,
        Steve