Thouths on XR and XS for Elf/OS

  • rileym65
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 4:10 PM
      I have been giving some thought lately to solving the sync issues when
      using XR to receive files onto Elf/OS disks,,,for those who do not
      remember the problem,,,XR sends the start sequence to quickly and does
      not resend because the current serial software has no timeouts....here
      is a quick fix for this (i think)... In the Micro/Elf and Pico/Elf i
      use EF2 for the serial in line,,,so that i still have the IN button.
      i do not remember what the Elf2k is using for its serial in,,,but,,,if
      it is not EF4 then i can hack the XR program to send the start
      sequence when the IN button is pressed,,,so the sequence would end up:

      1. execute XR on Elf/OS
      2. Start xmodem transfer from terminal program
      3. When sender is ready, press the IN button.

      Any thoughts???

      Mike
    • rileym65
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 4:20 PM
        For those interested,
        I have uploaded to the files section (in my folder) the XR.ASM file
        with the IN modifiction
        Mike