Re: [cosmacelf] (no subject)

  • Philip Pemberton
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2002
      BOBDOGSINC@... wrote:
      > The IMEX group is searching for the following devices:
      > cdp1852
      The UART?

      > color adaptor for 1861
      Someone made a colour adapter for the CDP1861? Anyone got any info on this
      fabled device?

      Later.
      --
      Phil.
      philpem@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 25, 2002
        No, a 1852 is the byte wide I/O device. The 1854 is the UART.

        --John
        > The IMEX group is searching for the following devices:
        > cdp1852
        The UART?

        > color adaptor for 1861
        Someone made a colour adapter for the CDP1861? Anyone got any info on this
        fabled device?

        Later.
        --
        Phil.
        philpem@...
        http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • cdp1861
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 25, 2002
          > > color adaptor for 1861
          > Someone made a colour adapter for the CDP1861? Anyone got any info
          on this
          > fabled device?

          Hi,

          indeed I do. I looked into my old folder with a collecton of 18xx
          datasheets and there it is: CDP1862, a chip which interfaces
          directly with the CDP1861. It takes the 1861's output signal and
          accesses a color map to mix the monochrome signals with color
          signals.

          Richard
        • cdp1861
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 25, 2002
            ... and some more interesting chips:

            The CDP1869 and CDP1870/CDP1876 are a two chip color display
            controler for up to 40 x 24 Characters. The CDP1870 or CDP1876
            generates the video signal. There is not much info on the difference
            between the CDP1870 and the CDP1876. My guess is, that they are the
            same chip for different color signal types (NTSC and PAL).
            Added to the display capabilities their features include also
            hardware scrolling, sound generation (!) and no involvance of the
            CPU in screen refresh.

            Richard
          • mc71de
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 26, 2002
              Hello Richard,

              --- In cosmacelf@y..., "cdp1861" <richard.dienstknecht@m...> wrote:
              > ... and some more interesting chips:
              >
              > The CDP1869 and CDP1870/CDP1876 are a two chip color display
              > controler [...]

              Say, you won't happen to have some info on the cdp1864 PAL TV
              interface or the cdp 1858 4bit latch in your stack of info?
              Why i ask:
              The european (PAL) clones of the RCA Studio II use these chips, and
              it seems the old (monochrome) StudioII programs will work on these
              too. The only info i have on these chips is a list of pinouts of
              (almost?) all RCA chips. Those people out there who are coding
              on 'Hanimex MPT-02' emulation would appreciate some info on this
              chip (pin functions, register map...)
              If anyone is interested in the pinouts, i can upload scans to the
              list's file area, of course...

              -mc
            • cdp1861
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 26, 2002
                Sorry, but I don't. I did not even see an european Studio II. Some
                time around 1980 I bought a 'surprise bag' in a Radio Shack - and
                what was in it? A working Studio II. Sadly it 'died' long ago. Back
                here in Germany I never found any people with an Elf. After more
                than 20 years this group is my first contact with other Elf users.

                Richard
              • Philip Pemberton
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 29, 2002
                  mc71de wrote:
                  > --- In cosmacelf@y..., "cdp1861" <richard.dienstknecht@m...> wrote:
                  >> ... and some more interesting chips:
                  >>
                  >> The CDP1869 and CDP1870/CDP1876 are a two chip color display
                  >> controler [...]
                  > Say, you won't happen to have some info on the cdp1864 PAL TV
                  > interface or the cdp 1858 4bit latch in your stack of info?
                  I think I might have it. Just a sec...
                  Yup. I've got it as a 339KB PDF file, downloaded from Freetradezone.com.

                  Later.