Re: Elf2k-Disk

  • Steve Brune
    Message 1 of 66 , Jun 1, 2005
      If I remove the RTC when I install ElfOs I can get all the programs to
      install on the CF disk without any errors. I haven't tracked down the
      reason yet.

      This only works with the new 256 Mb Sandisk I bought. I still can't
      use the 64 Mb off brand CF card. On the 64 Mb disk the programs will
      install but the OS will not boot.

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Brune" <s_brune@h...> wrote:
      > I've made some progress. I bought a 256 Mb Sandisk CF card and I was
      > able to get it to boot. I still hang up when I try to install ASM.
      > Some of the installed programs will not run properly. I think I need
      > to take the Elf2k to work and use the o'scopes to diagnose the
      > problem

    • erd_6502
      Message 66 of 66 , Jun 8, 2005
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, rileym65 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Ethan,
        > Thanks! i will probably need all the help i can get! :) can you
        > still build me some small test story files??

        Absolutely. I'll have to dig into a forgotten corner of my bag of
        tricks, though... modern versions of the Inform library are not
        compatible with v3 (the Inform compiler itself works fine, but the
        Inform code that comprises the parser, default objects, verbs, etc.
        requires v5 or higher).

        -ethan