Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Membership "card"

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2005
      awasson2001 wrote:
      > Lee this project really sounds great and a very inexpensive way to get
      > into the hobby of microcontrollers and cpus. I've got some Stamps and
      > SX's (Ubicom chips) and they actually cost a bit more to get into than
      > your Membership Card.

      Yes; you need a PC and about $100 to get into the BASIC Stamps. 'Course,
      they have nice manuals and a lot of hardware and software out there :-)

      > I'd love to build a little robot controller with an 1802. I've got a
      > really nice discrete H Bridge circuit to handle motors 2 inputs per
      > motor and if I can find it I also found a neat one wire motor control
      > using an opto-isolator. All small load stuff but pretty much perfect
      > for what you're doing. If I find the one wire job I'll upload it to my
      > Photos section.

      Great!

      What I have are a handful of $1 motors from America Science and Surplus
      that run on 1v, draw 10ma no-load, and about 100ma at stall. A 74HC373
      can easily drive them directly with light loading (it limits current to
      about 40-50ma). Connecting a motor between 2 output bits lets me turn it
      on/off and run it in either direction, so I can run up to 4 motors.
      has!" -- Margaret Mead
      --
      Lee A. Hart 814 8th Ave N Sartell MN 56377 leeahart_at_earthlink.net
    • awasson2001
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
        I just received a reply from Quest Electronics www.quest-comp.com
        regarding the MC14495P1 Display Driver.

        They can supply the chip for $8.50 each. I'm not sure about quantities
        for minimum orders. I'm also trying to get a quote from another source
        (IC Components) but they are less than helpfull so I'll see if I can
        find another source.

        Cheers,
        Andrew