CDP1861 Source and Price Info

  • chocholaty
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2002
      I recently purchased spare ICs for every chip on my original Super
      Elf, with the exception of the 1802 and 1861. I bought anywhere from
      2 to 50 of each IC depending on the bulk lot for sale or the price of
      each chip for a total cost of about $60. After a long search, I
      found the CDP1861CE plastic package IC, date codes 1989 and later,
      for the following prices: $34.95 each for qty 10, $29.95 ea qty 25,
      and $22.95 ea qty 100 from 4starelectronics.com. They are chip
      brokers, so the price is high and the min quantity of 10 means a $349
      order. Just thought I'd post what I found for general info. I am
      still looking for some spare 1802's.

      Todd Chocholaty