Dissassembly of Window from Ipso-Facto

  • rileym65
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      If anybody is interested, i have taken the hexdump of the window
      program from Ipso-Facto and dissassembled it. I have done extensive
      runtime analysis on the program and have produced comments for most of
      it...it is only about 90% commented, but i have enough for what i
      wanted to try and do with it. If anybody is interested in completing
      the commenting, be my guest. The file is located in the files section
      under 'Mike Riley's Contributions' the file is win.asm. Enjoy!!

      p.s. For those who do not know what window is, it is a program that
      emulates an 1802 on the 1802! it lets you single step through
      programs and see what happens inside the 1802 at each step. It is
      really a fantastic debugging tool. As it is written in Ipso-Facto, it
      only works with the 6847 display card. My emulator will support this.
      Work is underway to convert it to work with biosio, which will make
      it more universally useable.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        rileym65 wrote:
        > If anybody is interested, I have taken the hexdump of the window
        > program from Ipso-Facto and dissassembled it... it is a program
        > that emulates an 1802 on the 1802! It lets you single step through
        > programs and see what happens inside the 1802 at each step.

        Neat!

        The IDIOT monitor I posted on cosmacelf.com also has this capability. It
        lets you walk a software interrupt instruction thru a program, and
        execute 1 instruction at a time, saving, displaying, and restoring all
        the registers at each step.
        has!" -- Margaret Mead
        --
        Lee A. Hart 814 8th Ave N Sartell MN 56377 leeahart_at_earthlink.net