Re: [cosmacelf] Re: I've built a working replacement for the 1861

  • Peter de Vroomen
    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 1, 2004
      > >It turns out that 20 flip flops is exactly what I need,....
      >
      > Ooopsss... I counted wrong - turns out that I need 21 flip flops.
      Scratch
      > that idea !

      No unused AND/NOR/INV gates left to build one generic D flipflop with?

      PeterV
    • Philip Pemberton
      Message 63 of 63 , Nov 17, 2004
        In message <000701c4c12c$d6b367a0$f402010a@gizmo>
        "Robert Armstrong" <bob@...> wrote:

        > >http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Life_Game.htm
        [...]
        > And if you're interested in the LIFE Game,
        > be sure to buy the December and January issues of Circuit Cellar Ink
        > Magazine -- there will be a two part feature article in those issues. (And
        > then be sure to write the editor and tell her that you want to see more
        > Spare Time Gizmos articles :-)

        I'll be sure to read those CCIs as soon as the new-issue announcement lands
        in my mailbox (I subscribed to the Electronic Edition - worked out far
        cheaper than the dead-tree version).

        Nice to see that someone's built a CDP1861 clone, too - I've only got the
        one, and that's half the reason I rarely power up my Elf. At the moment I
        need to get a few spare parts in. I've got a few TIL311s, I might have a
        CDP1802 somewhere, 40xx logic is easy enough to obtain, but 1861s are like
        hen's teeth around here. Natch.

        Later.
        --
        Phil. | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
        philpem@... | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,