Re: 150x RCA 1802ACE micros for sale + eproms

  • arron_owns
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2004
      Hi there,
      Nice to meet someone working in the South Pole. What are you working
      on down there?
      I'm living in Hamilton with my parents, so if you find yourself up
      here by all means drop in :)

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "erd_6502" <erd_6502@y...> wrote:

      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "arron_owns" <arron.owns@g...> wrote:
      > > Thats nice to know. If there's anyone in New Zealand who'd like one
      > > of my chips for a project I don't mind sending you one for free
      > > too...
      >
      > Where are you in NZ? I'm still at the Pole, but I'll be spending
      > all of Dec and most of Jan in Christchurch, with visits to
      > Wellington, and perhaps Auckland.
      >
      > -ethan
    • erd_6502
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        wrote:

        > Hi there,
        > Nice to meet someone working in the South Pole. What are you working
        > on down there?

        I am just finishing a winter running AMANDA, the neutrino detector
        buried a mile down in the Ice below the Pole.
        ( http://amanda.wisc.edu/ )

        We don't use the 1802 in any of our experiments, but one of my
        co-workers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, builds Antarctic
        weather stations that run for the entire winter on a box of gel
        cells. He makes heavy use of the fact that you can stop the clock
        of a 1802 and save serious power (presuming the rest of the design
        is done well). He's in the same boat we are, regarding locating
        inexpensive 1802 chips, but as long as he is at the university, I
        don't expect him to change away from them.

        OTOH, I have already built on 1802 down here for fun (a replica P-E
        Elf), and have just started on my Micro/Elf board which arrived on
        the first flight a few days ago.

        > I'm living in Hamilton with my parents, so if you find yourself up
        > here by all means drop in :)

        I may just do that. I'll drop a line later for particulars.

        Cheers,

        -ethan
      • J.C. Wren
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          Just in case you were wondering what Ethan looks like (in case he comes
          knocking at your door), here's a link to his picture: <
          http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20041008 >

          The little dish on his head is a giveaway :)

          --jc

          erd_6502 wrote:

          > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "arron_owns" <arron.owns@g...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi there,
          > > Nice to meet someone working in the South Pole. What are you working
          > > on down there?
          >
          > I am just finishing a winter running AMANDA, the neutrino detector
          > buried a mile down in the Ice below the Pole.
          > ( http://amanda.wisc.edu/ )
          >
          > We don't use the 1802 in any of our experiments, but one of my
          > co-workers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, builds Antarctic
          > weather stations that run for the entire winter on a box of gel
          > cells. He makes heavy use of the fact that you can stop the clock
          > of a 1802 and save serious power (presuming the rest of the design
          > is done well). He's in the same boat we are, regarding locating
          > inexpensive 1802 chips, but as long as he is at the university, I
          > don't expect him to change away from them.
          >
          > OTOH, I have already built on 1802 down here for fun (a replica P-E
          > Elf), and have just started on my Micro/Elf board which arrived on
          > the first flight a few days ago.
          >
          > > I'm living in Hamilton with my parents, so if you find yourself up
          > > here by all means drop in :)
          >
          > I may just do that. I'll drop a line later for particulars.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > -ethan
        • Kathy Quinlan
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
            J.C. Wren wrote:

            > Just in case you were wondering what Ethan looks like (in case he comes
            > knocking at your door), here's a link to his picture: <
            > http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20041008 >
            >
            > The little dish on his head is a giveaway :)
            >
            > --jc

            That is soooo kewl lol I should scan the one in of me and show that off lol

            Regards,

            Kat.