Assorted parts, round 2

  • J.C. Wren
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
      The first round of parts has completed, so whatever's left is up for
      grabs. I found another two 1869/1870 sets, two SCP1802LE CPUs, and a
      rather rare find (first time I've seen any) of 12 CDP1862CEs. These are
      the color generators that go with the '61. To see what's available,
      check < http://tinymicros.com/1802 >. E-mail me for any parts you
      want. First come, first serve. Anything left over this time next week
      hits eBay. Remember that data sheets for most of these parts are
      available at < http://www.cosmacelf.com/docs.htm >.

      --jc
    • mc71de
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2004
        Hi all,

        --- "J.C. Wren" <jcwren@j...> wrote:
        > ... CDP1862CEs. These are the color generators that
        > go with the '61. To see what's available,
        > check < http://tinymicros.com/1802 >.

        I still see the 1864's while the 1861's went rather quickly... so,
        anyone who missed a 1861: you can use the 1864 just like a 1861 (see
        the data sheet); only difference is the frame rate of 50 Hz instead
        of 60 Hz for NTSC TV. But most tv sets and monitors can handle this
        difference without problems.

        If you combine the 1864 system schematic from the data sheet with
        the NTSC color encoder from the 1862 data sheet, you can even make a
        NTSC color variant- the farme rate is still off, but (in theory) it
        should work.

        And, just to note: As we know it from COSMAC stuff, the color
        encoders are astonishingly simple.

        Max