Rc/Lisp for Elf/OS

  • rileym65
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
      For those interested, I have uploaded my port of Rc/Lisp for Elf/OS in
      the Elf/Os files section. The archive file includes the source as
      well as the intel hex and accii hex files. sorry no documentation as
      of yet. but here is what is currently supported (which according to my
      LISP book, these functions are all that are needed to create any other
      standard LISP functions):

      (CAR arg)
      (CDR arg)
      (EQ arg1 args2)
      (SET arg1 arg2)
      (CONS arg1 arg2)
      (PRINT arg)
      (ATOM arg)
      (T)
      (NIL)
      (EVAL arg)
      (LIST arg1 arg2 ... argn)
      (COND ((cond1)(exec1) ((cond2)(exec2)) ... ((condn)(execn)))
      (DEFUN name (arg list) (s-expr1) (s-expr2) ... (s-exprn))

      These all should work the same as in Common LISP. Here are commands
      specific to this interpreter (note: no parens when using these):

      OBLIST - print the curent object list
      FREE - Show how much memory is free
      GC - Force garbage collection
      SAVE name - Save to disk
      LOAD name - Load from disk
      BYE - return to Elf/OS

      I will upload further documentation if there is any interest..

      notes:
      1. Garbage collection is not currently automatic, you must manually
      run it.
      2. Numbers are not currently supported (nor can they be used as
      objects, since partial number support is already in the code)

      Although this is designed for use with Elf/OS with 32k of ram, it
      would not be difficult to modify it to run without Elf/OS, or in
      smaller memory machines.

      Enjoy!!

      Mike
    • J.C. Wren
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
        You are a very sick man.

        I like you.

        --jc

        rileym65 wrote:

        > For those interested, I have uploaded my port of Rc/Lisp for Elf/OS in
        > the Elf/Os files section. The archive file includes the source as
        > well as the intel hex and accii hex files. sorry no documentation as
        > of yet. but here is what is currently supported (which according to my
        > LISP book, these functions are all that are needed to create any other
        > standard LISP functions):
        >
        > (CAR arg)
        > (CDR arg)
        > (EQ arg1 args2)
        > (SET arg1 arg2)
        > (CONS arg1 arg2)
        > (PRINT arg)
        > (ATOM arg)
        > (T)
        > (NIL)
        > (EVAL arg)
        > (LIST arg1 arg2 ... argn)
        > (COND ((cond1)(exec1) ((cond2)(exec2)) ... ((condn)(execn)))
        > (DEFUN name (arg list) (s-expr1) (s-expr2) ... (s-exprn))
        >
        > These all should work the same as in Common LISP. Here are commands
        > specific to this interpreter (note: no parens when using these):
        >
        > OBLIST - print the curent object list
        > FREE - Show how much memory is free
        > GC - Force garbage collection
        > SAVE name - Save to disk
        > LOAD name - Load from disk
        > BYE - return to Elf/OS
        >
        > I will upload further documentation if there is any interest..
        >
        > notes:
        > 1. Garbage collection is not currently automatic, you must manually
        > run it.
        > 2. Numbers are not currently supported (nor can they be used as
        > objects, since partial number support is already in the code)
        >
        > Although this is designed for use with Elf/OS with 32k of ram, it
        > would not be difficult to modify it to run without Elf/OS, or in
        > smaller memory machines.
        >
        > Enjoy!!
        >
        > Mike
      • rileym65
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
          heehheehehe my next project might just be to port funge to the elf!! :)
          Mike