Re: Adding 2K eprom to my cosmac

  • allenbsf6502
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
      --- In cosmacelf@y..., "Gemeny, Steve" <Steve.Gemeny@j...> wrote:
      > I'll have to look into the subtle differences, but it may be that
      the QUEST
      > monitor used in the Super ELF may do the trick for you.
      >
      > If that's the case I can provide you with my revised version in
      Binary
      > format that occupies 1 K of your PROM. (My modification involved
      adding
      > Tiny BASIC I/O into an unused area.) If you want to add another
      prom and
      > move around some addresses, you could even add Tiny Basic. (I have
      that
      > binary as well).

      Yes, I still have one K left on the 2716 (0c00-0fff) and I can add
      another 2716 on the same board (1000-17ff) if neccessary. My main
      purpose is to learn 1802 so anything that has the source would be
      fine for me. The 74ls174 can decode A8-A13, so there are still
      plenty of space to expand.

      > As for the assembler, I have used the Psudosam 18 with good
      success. A web
      > search should find it easily (
      > ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/crossasm/ps18a12.zip
      > <ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/crossasm/ps18a12.zip> or
      try
      > http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/msdos.devel.cross-asm.html
      > <http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/msdos.devel.cross-
      asm.html> and
      > find 1802 about 2/3 down the page)

      I have downloaded a copy and I'll try it out this weekend.
      Thanks.

      > I'd like to now more about your PCB, which to me means Printed
      Circuit Board
      > (etched Copper Clad board). Are you developing a reproducible
      piece of
      > copper clad board that, perhaps, others could obtain at reasonable
      cost for
      > their own projects? Or, do you use the term PCB differently to
      describe your
      > circuit board of a more prototype style?

      No, I used the term PCB just to refer to the strip boards that I used
      to construct my elf. I apolozise if that causes any mis-
      understanding for the members in this group.

      I soldered IC sockets on the strip board and alongside the ic sockets
      I soldered WW pins so I can do wire wrapping on the component side of
      the board.

      My strip-board design is expandable in a sense that I can still add
      some more strip-boards to the present board which was made by joining
      3 small strip-boards together.

      If anyone in this group wants to provide us with a double sided PCB
      based on the original elf design I would be happy to purchase one if
      it is not too expensive!! Of course the 1861 should be included too
      so if it is available one day at reasonable cost you can just insert
      it into the socket.

      Allen

      > Thanks,
      > Steve Gemeny
      > AKA aa3nm{at}amsat.org

    • J.C. Wren
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
        I just snarfed an RCA Studio II off eBay, and was hunting for schematics
        for it, when I found this link: http://www.classicgaming.com/studio2/.
        Perhaps most of you already know about it, maybe not. I dunno. At any
        rate, it's for all practical purposes an 1802 emulator. There's also a lot
        of technical information on the Studio II there.

        --John