Re: Another working Elf!

  • eugtk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14 7:46 AM
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "erd_6502" <erd_6502@y...> wrote:
      <snip>
      > So is there a repository of tiny little programs to toggle in? I
      > transcribed the seconds counter out of the Elf emulator in my Palm
      > Pilot, but I'm looking for other interesting demos to show it off
      > around station.

      First reply didn't show up, so I'll try again :)

      Years ago, when digital darkroom timers were expensive and unreliable,
      we used an Elf (with a relay attached to the Q line to control the
      110v) in a gov't. lab.

      I still have the program I wrote to drive it:
      http://ellijay.com/users/irvm/timer.html

      Regards,
      Irv
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14 12:06 PM
        erd_6502 wrote:
        > Last night, after finding a single wiring flaw, I got my Elf working.

        Congratulations! Now you get to do the Mad Scientist "It's alive! Bwoo
        hah hah ha..." dance :-)

        > So is there a repository of tiny little programs to toggle in? I
        > transcribed the seconds counter out of the Elf emulator in my Palm
        > Pilot, but I'm looking for other interesting demos to show it off
        > around station.

        That's a great idea!

        Tom Pittman's "A Short Course in Programming" has a bunch of little
        programs, progressing (almost) up to a digital clock. It's on the
        cosmacelf website.

        There have to be hundreds of little 1802 programs that are short and
        simple enough to type in, yet do "interesting" things. We should start
        collecting them. Maybe a contest for best program under 256 bytes?
        --
        "Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the
        world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has!" -- Margaret Meade