Re: Hello all

  • stew_m_3
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 5, 2002
      "druske" <dave@r...> wrote:

      > I suppose you could try
      > posting to the Classic Computer mailing list, there are folks there
      > with all manner of strange antiques:
      >
      > http://www.classiccmp.org

      Hahaha, Dave. Telling Lee to post to that CP/M list is like teaching
      your grandma to suck eggs, as the saying goes. He is an old timer on
      there, one of the mainstays, the guys with the answers when the rest of
      us have a question! Hey, Lee, I see you found us on the new yahoo ELF
      list! Welcome aboard. This 1802 revival needs chaps like you who were
      there in the beginning. It is curious and wonderful, the appeal this
      little chip continues to have! All the best for now,

      cheers, Stewart Marshall

      Marshall Systems
      Lopez Island, WA
    • eight_bit_jdrose
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 29, 2012
        The Elf was a bit before my time. My first computer was a TRS-80 Model III. My second was an Atari 1040ST. If I recall correctly.

        I bought a couple of the 1802 Membership kits. So, really, my first kit computer will be an Elf. That is pretty cool. I am back home now and plan on building it after the storm passes. Probably start on Wednesday.

        Have not soldered anything in years and my eyes are not what they used to be. Should be an interesting challenge.

        Do you have any tips on programming the MC card through it's parallel port using a Vista Windows PC?