Seeking Joe Weisbecker

  • Dave Ruske
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
      I've been contacted by someone who is writing a book on
      microcomputing's early days, and is looking to get in touch with Joe
      Weisbecker, if he's still with us. I've never had any personal contact
      with Mr. Weisbecker; does anyone here have a lead I might be able to
      pass along?

      Thanks,
      Dave
    • druske
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2004
        In case anyone is curious...

        A little bit of research turned up some information on Joe Weisbecker. Unfortunately, Mr.
        Weisbecker died in 1990. His contributions to microcomputing's early days will be
        remembered, however, as his daughter Joyce donated several boxes of materials to the
        David Sarnoff Library in New Jersey, where it is available to researchers.

        I have a little more material to work off, but the beginnings of a biography may be found
        at:

        http://www.cosmacelf.com/weisbecker.html

        The website of the David Sarnoff Library is located at:

        http://www.davidsarnoff.org/

        Enjoy,
        Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
          That is really too bad! I send my condolences to his family,
          perhaps late, but better than never.
          I'm sure he would have had a blast from the interest in this forum!
          Whether he knew it or not, this forum is proof he touched many lives :)
          God rest his soul.

          Josh