Re: [cosmacelf] TINY BASIC without Cassette

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2002
      Gemeny, Steve wrote:
      > If I remember right, the ELF II has no PROM area, you'll have to wire
      > wrap a card to plug into the bus, decode the high addresses, generate
      > a chip select and run another chip select back to your memory area
      > (if it is not fully decoded from the 64K address map) to be sure it
      > is off when you are accessing the PROM.

      If Stewart Marshall is listening, I sold him a bunch of blank boards for
      BASYS/1 1802 single-board computers. Maybe he'll sell you one.

      I upgraded some ELF computers with them by installing a wire-wrap socket
      for the 1802, plugging the 1802 into this socket, and plugging the long
      tails of the socket into the 1802 socket on the ELF board. The BASYS
      board has 2k of RAM (four 2114 sockets) and up to 8k of EPROM (2x58,
      2716, 2732, 2764 etc.), both of which are fully decoded and can be
      addressed anywhere in the memory map. There is also an 8-bit input port,
      an 8-bit output port, and an opto-isolated RS-232 port.
      --
      Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
      814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering