RCA 1802 Stuff Auction

  • Jim Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi,

      Since there seems to be some interest in my 1802 stuff, I have taken
      photos and posted a list of the systems and parts I am putting up for
      auction. I have posted photos in a folder called "Jim's Auction"
      here. Unfortunately, Yahell did not let me organize the photos as I
      wished; they're a bit disorganized.

      I have uploaded my list of what is for sale to a file
      called "rca1802.pdf" in the files section. Please note my caveats and
      disclaimers at the end of this list.

      At this point, I ask the owners/moderators of this board if you have
      a preference on how to hold an auction. I run a couple of boards (on
      completely different subjects) and always defer to your preferences
      as I wish my people would to mine. My own preference is to accept
      bids either on this board or via direct email. I will post a list of
      top bids when a get a new bid or every couple of days, whichever
      comes first. Once I get no new bids for a week, I declare a winner
      and ship after I get payment. If you have another (fair) method, I'm
      flexible.

      While organizing and photographing this stuff, I saw that I had to
      change my original thought of selling everything as a lot. Mainly
      because I had a lot more RCA parts and documents than I thought I
      had, I have split out several lots.

      Lot 1: RCA Evaluation Kit. Includes full Microboard documentation and
      several manuals on RCA COSMAC programming and application.

      Lot 2: VIP system. Please note extensive software included with
      system. Even if you don't want my home-built system, consider
      purchasing it for the software!

      Lot 3: Parts. Since I find it hard to imagine anyone wanting large
      numbers of 1802's, 1852's or the other parts, I take a different
      approach on this lot. Please specify the exact part types, number of
      parts you wish, and the price you are willing to pay. Then, when
      bidding appears complete, I'll ship (after payment) those parts,
      starting, of course, with the highest bid. Lower bidders may be
      shorted if parts run out.

      Assuming the owners/moderators have no objection to this method,
      bidding is now open.

      Thanks,
      Jim Barnes