Re: Flip Flop Problems

  • apendragn
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "joshbensadon" <joshbensadon@y...>
      wrote:
      > Ed,
      >
      > I am running win98, I downloaded it with Netscape 4.77 by
      > right clicking and "Saving Target". Usually, it should be
      > saved if I just double click it, but when I do this, it comes
      > up with junk on my screen. Perhaps post it as a .zip?

      I'm guessing that Netscape must be recognizing the file as
      being of a type that it can read and thus sets out to read
      it without downloading. I have similar problems with *.sch
      schematic files. Microsoft keeps wanting to treat them as
      Microsoft Scheduler files.

      Cheers,
      Ed
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 23, 2003
        apendragn wrote:
        > I copied the design for the clock for the
        > Elf 03 from another design. This design
        > used two inverters for a clock and then
        > sent the signal through a D Flip Flop
        > whose NOT Q output was sent back to the
        > D input. According to the literature,
        > the D flip flop should toggle when the
        > clock input goes high. However, I did
        > not see the clock signal get divided by
        > two when I did it this way. Even though
        > the input clock signal was fairly good.
        > It had a frequency of 3.75 MHz, a high
        > input over 4.5 volts and a low input of
        > about 0.5 volts, still, the flip flop
        > did not divide the signal by two when
        > clocked. I used a 74HCT74 for the D flip
        > flop.

        Should work. You did tie the PRESET and CLEAR pins of the 74HCT74 high?
        If you left them floating (which you could do with the old bipolar
        parts, but not CMOS) or grounded them, it wouldn't work.
        --
        Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
        814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering