Re: Flip Flop Problems

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2003
      Ed,

      I am running win98, I downloaded it with Netscape 4.77 by
      right clicking and "Saving Target". Usually, it should be
      saved if I just double click it, but when I do this, it comes
      up with junk on my screen. Perhaps post it as a .zip?

      Josh

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "apendragn" <apendragn@e...> wrote:

      > > I also tried downloading the CPU pcboard. The .pdf schematic
      > > shows a 74hc73, so I wanted to see the pcboard if you changed
      > > that for jk-flip flop as well and if you tied pins 1 & 4 to vcc.
      > > At the same time, I wanted to see how you routed the traces,
      > > incase there was anything seriously wrong. But, I could not
      > > open the .pcb file, pcbexpress reported an error, I am using
      > > version 3.3.0
      >
      > You're the second person who's had problems but I haven't been
      > able to duplicate the problem. I've downloaded and executed the
      > files from a Linux system and from a Win2000 system.
      >
      > What program did you download with? What process did you use?
      > It seems likely that the only time I've seen problems like this
      > is with FTP in text mode.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Ed
    • apendragn
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2003
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "joshbensadon" <joshbensadon@y...>
        wrote:
        > Ed,
        >
        > I am running win98, I downloaded it with Netscape 4.77 by
        > right clicking and "Saving Target". Usually, it should be
        > saved if I just double click it, but when I do this, it comes
        > up with junk on my screen. Perhaps post it as a .zip?

        I'm guessing that Netscape must be recognizing the file as
        being of a type that it can read and thus sets out to read
        it without downloading. I have similar problems with *.sch
        schematic files. Microsoft keeps wanting to treat them as
        Microsoft Scheduler files.

        Cheers,
        Ed
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 23, 2003
          apendragn wrote:
          > I copied the design for the clock for the
          > Elf 03 from another design. This design
          > used two inverters for a clock and then
          > sent the signal through a D Flip Flop
          > whose NOT Q output was sent back to the
          > D input. According to the literature,
          > the D flip flop should toggle when the
          > clock input goes high. However, I did
          > not see the clock signal get divided by
          > two when I did it this way. Even though
          > the input clock signal was fairly good.
          > It had a frequency of 3.75 MHz, a high
          > input over 4.5 volts and a low input of
          > about 0.5 volts, still, the flip flop
          > did not divide the signal by two when
          > clocked. I used a 74HCT74 for the D flip
          > flop.

          Should work. You did tie the PRESET and CLEAR pins of the 74HCT74 high?
          If you left them floating (which you could do with the old bipolar
          parts, but not CMOS) or grounded them, it wouldn't work.
          --
          Lee A. Hart Ring the bells that still can ring
          814 8th Ave. N. Forget your perfect offering