Does anyone have a spare 1802 based BASYS board for sale?

  • robotdoctor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2014
      Hello,

      I am gathering up parts for a project and am looking for an 1802 based BASYS board. Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with? Just looking for one board. Populated would be nice but even a blank PCB would help.

      Robert
    • gbeat5
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2014
        Robert -

        I considered wiring an 1802, using the PR3U ProtoBoard (3U, 100 mm x 160 mm, 3.94" x 6.30") being sold by Jameco (eBay auction #111069590109), using Lee Hart's BASYS board (and current Membership card) for eventual design.
        That ProtoBoard is EuroCard size, the same board size being used for N8VEM projects
        I prefer SBC design that has full availability of 64K memory (32K RAM; 32K EPROM or FLASH).

        greg

      • Mark G Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2014
          Hi,

          On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 03:07:14PM -0700, gbeat5@... [cosmacelf] wrote:
          > Robert -
          >
          > I considered wiring an 1802, using the PR3U ProtoBoard (3U, 100 mm x
          > 160 mm, 3.94" x 6.30") being sold by Jameco (eBay auction
          > #111069590109), using Lee Hart's BASYS board (and current Membership
          > card) for eventual design.
          >
          > That ProtoBoard is EuroCard size, the same board size being used for
          > N8VEM projects
          >
          > I prefer SBC design that has full availability of 64K memory (32K RAM;
          > 32K EPROM or FLASH).

          The current revision G of Lee Hart's membership card does provide for
          32K RAM plus 32K EPROM, and even includes an RS232 port. I've been using
          mine with an Elf2k monitor ROM with great success, no additional components
          necessary.

          Mark

          --
          Mark G. Thomas (Mark@...)
        • robotdoctor
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2014
            Hello Mark,

            For my purposes I really need to find an actual BASYS board. That was the board used in a project that I am going to try to make a replica of. Functionally some of the other boards would probably work but they wouldn't be correct for the project. I hope that at least I may be able to find a blank PCB and then populate it or find a non-working board to repair. As long as it is the right PCB to start that should work.

            There is no deadline for my project so I have time on my side to gather up parts, etc for it.

            Robert

            > I considered wiring an 1802, using the PR3U ProtoBoard (3U, 100 mm x
            > 160 mm, 3.94" x 6.30") being sold by Jameco (eBay auction
            > #111069590109), using Lee Hart's BASYS board (and current Membership
            > card) for eventual design.
            >
            > That ProtoBoard is EuroCard size, the same board size being used for
            > N8VEM projects
            >
            > I prefer SBC design that has full availability of 64K memory (32K RAM;
            > 32K EPROM or FLASH).

            The current revision G of Lee Hart's membership card does provide for
            32K RAM plus 32K EPROM, and even includes an RS232 port. I've been using
            mine with an Elf2k monitor ROM with great success, no additional components
            necessary.

            Mark

            --
            Mark G. Thomas (Mark@...)