VCF East

  • <evan@...>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2014
      The Vintage Computer Festival East returns on April 4-6, at the InfoAge Science Center, in Wall, New Jersey. It is hosted by MARCH: Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists.

      Friday: VCF East University -- solely devoted to technical classes -- plus you get free pizza, and Tektronix will give away an oscilloscope!

      Saturday: The main show -- lectures in the morning, exhibit hall in the afternoon, along with a consignment/vendors room and tours of the MARCH computer museum open all day long.

      Lecturers will cover topics as diverse as IBM punched cards, the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN committee, Amiga, Franklin, the Internet Archive, security, and more.

      The exhibit hall will feature 36 booths covering everything from mainframes to minicomputers to DIY hobby systems to eight-bitters. You'll see everything from a real Apple 1 to a UNIVAC mainframe!

      And don't miss our hands-on workshops -- build amazing replicas of famous systems (with show discount prices!); learn to fix your own vintage computers; check out the latest products from five professional vendors; and so much more we couldn't possibly list it all here.

      Details, ticket prices, directions, and more at at http://www.vintage.org/2014/east/ ... or be social with us at http://www.facebook.com/vcfeast.

      Questions? Contact event producer Evan Koblentz at evan@... or (646) 546-9999.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10 6:13 PM
        Hi Guys,

        Just wanted to drop a line to say I went to the VCF East last weekend.
        It was my first VCF and I had a great time.  There were a few COSMAC ELF's and other 1802 systems including the ELF 2K, MSI/88e, a bare BASYS card (by Lee Hart), several versions of Lee's Membership card and even one of Lee's Face Card working.  I was very fortunate that Herb Johnson had an extra Face Card kit and I was able to purchase it at a low price.

        If anyone else here was there, I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you there.... but there's always next year :)

        Cheers,
        Josh Bensadon

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11 7:05 AM

          sounds like fun josh.  did you see any floppy-based 1802's?

          To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13 6:48 AM
            Not a single COSMAC Floppy system.  So they must be rare.  I think there are only two people on this list that have one, so that's a good indication.