VCF East

  • <evan@...>
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2014
      The Vintage Computer Festival East returns on April 4-6, at the InfoAge Science Center, in Wall, New Jersey. It is hosted by MARCH: Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists.

      Friday: VCF East University -- solely devoted to technical classes -- plus you get free pizza, and Tektronix will give away an oscilloscope!

      Saturday: The main show -- lectures in the morning, exhibit hall in the afternoon, along with a consignment/vendors room and tours of the MARCH computer museum open all day long.

      Lecturers will cover topics as diverse as IBM punched cards, the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN committee, Amiga, Franklin, the Internet Archive, security, and more.

      The exhibit hall will feature 36 booths covering everything from mainframes to minicomputers to DIY hobby systems to eight-bitters. You'll see everything from a real Apple 1 to a UNIVAC mainframe!

      And don't miss our hands-on workshops -- build amazing replicas of famous systems (with show discount prices!); learn to fix your own vintage computers; check out the latest products from five professional vendors; and so much more we couldn't possibly list it all here.

      Details, ticket prices, directions, and more at at http://www.vintage.org/2014/east/ ... or be social with us at http://www.facebook.com/vcfeast.

      Questions? Contact event producer Evan Koblentz at evan@... or (646) 546-9999.
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 10, 2014
        Hi Guys,

        Just wanted to drop a line to say I went to the VCF East last weekend.
        It was my first VCF and I had a great time.  There were a few COSMAC ELF's and other 1802 systems including the ELF 2K, MSI/88e, a bare BASYS card (by Lee Hart), several versions of Lee's Membership card and even one of Lee's Face Card working.  I was very fortunate that Herb Johnson had an extra Face Card kit and I was able to purchase it at a low price.

        If anyone else here was there, I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you there.... but there's always next year :)

        Cheers,
        Josh Bensadon

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2014

          sounds like fun josh.  did you see any floppy-based 1802's?

          To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2014
            Not a single COSMAC Floppy system.  So they must be rare.  I think there are only two people on this list that have one, so that's a good indication.
          • Gregg Levine
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2016
              Hello!
              No real announcement from the fellow who runs the whole business, but...
              Does anyone from this group plan on visiting it, and even presenting
              something CDP1802 related?

              (I'll even include selling the kits that Lee developed as related.)
              -----
              Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2016

                Hi Gregg,

                Yes, VCF East is coming up soon....  time flies.

                I haven't heard from Evan or anyone else about the dates.

                It's too soon for me to plan anything.  But I was sort of thinking to go to VCF South this year, I can't go to both... that's just too much time off work.

                Cheers,

                Josh

              • Jeff Galinat
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2016
                  Hi Josh, Gregg & others,

                  There are no exhibit details yet but here is the VCFe date info:

                  Vintage Computer Festival East XI

                  April 15-17, 2016

                  InfoAge Science Center, 2201 Marconi Rd., Wall, NJ

                  Details will be available here when updated <http://www.vintagecomputerfederation.org/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/>

                  Regards,
                  Jeff Galinat

                  .