CDP1854 UART Interface Schematic

  • wim_1013
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2014

        I am hoping someone can help me out with a schematic to interface a CDP1854 UART to the 1802.  I did it about 35 years ago but long ago gave all my stuff away to a 14 year old.  I believe I used a circuit found in the RCA CDP1854 Manual.  If anyone has one, I'd appreciate a copy.
        Thanx, Bill Kos

    • Dave Ruske
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2014
        On Mar 3, 2014, at 11:55 AM, <wim_1013@...> <wim_1013@...> wrote:
          I am hoping someone can help me out with a schematic to interface a CDP1854 UART to the 1802.  I did it about 35 years ago but long ago gave all my stuff away to a 14 year old.  I believe I used a circuit found in the RCA CDP1854 Manual.  If anyone has one, I'd appreciate a copy.

        Hi Bill. There’s an overview of the interfacing in the CDP1854 data sheet at http://www.cosmacelf.com/cdp1854.pdf .

        There are also a few articles on the CDP1854 in Ipso Facto:
        Schematic for the ACE CPU Card, p. 36 IF 33 ( http://www.cosmacelf.com/ipsofacto/raw/Ipso%20Facto%20-%20Issue%2033.pdf )

        (Wish these PDFs were searchable… anyone have a copy of Acrobat or something that’ll produce a searchable version without bloating the PDFs too badly?)

        I’m sure others here can provide you with more resources as well.

        Dave
      • David W. Schultz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2014
          I am pretty sure I saw a circuit somewhere in the RCA Microboards
          document when I was looking though it.

          https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_rcacosmac1_52788866

          --
          David W. Schultz