OT: Pool Cue's vs Buffer Queue's

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2013
      Did you know that the "Cue" (name of the stick used in Pool or Billiards) has a common root to the word "Queue" used for line ups and computer buffers?

      If your are into Etymology, it will be a fun exercise to look up, so I won't spoil your fun.

      :)J
    • country_robot
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2013

        I love this sort of stuff. :) Like "text", "textile", "technology", and "tectonics" all sharing the same Proto-Indo-European root.

        -Bobby