Coincidences with the 1802

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2013
      I recently received an Ebay Saved search for the COSMAC 1802 chip.  The price was $18.02 and I thought this was done on purpose.  But when I checked the auction, it is a chip from China for US $16.95, but with the present exchange rate, it came out to be exactly $18.02 Canadian dollars.  I took a screen shot, you can find in photo's section under my folder.

      Josh

      PS. Value added message:
      While imagining the 6502 costing $65.02 and 8080 for $80.80 it reminded me of a trick that many restaurants use. Did you know most restaurant menu's do not put dollar signs in front of the all the prices.  Psychologically, many dollar signs makes the menu look more expensive.
    • Charles Richmond
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2013
        Our favorite pizza place here has a phone number whose last four
        digits are 1802...

        On Dec 8, 2013, at 9:35 AM, <joshbensadon@...>
        <joshbensadon@...> wrote:

        > I recently received an Ebay Saved search for the COSMAC 1802 chip.
        > The price was $18.02 and I thought this was done on purpose. But
        > when I checked the auction, it is a chip from China for US $16.95,
        > but with the present exchange rate, it came out to be exactly
        > $18.02 Canadian dollars. I took a screen shot, you can find in
        > photo's section under my folder.
        >

        > Josh
        >

        > PS. Value added message:
        > While imagining the 6502 costing $65.02 and 8080 for $80.80 it
        > reminded me of a trick that many restaurants use. Did you know most
        > restaurant menu's do not put dollar signs in front of the all the
        > prices. Psychologically, many dollar signs makes the menu look
        > more expensive.

        |.....Charles and Francis Richmond.......|
        |..plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com...|
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2013
          Cool, can you order a side of "COSMAC" chips with your pizza?