RE: Chess Program

  • system3025
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2013

      I re-read your post and of course that's what you were asking. Sorry about the rambling. Since rb is never used it works like it is. If you want to use rb just change c9 to ca. That's what it should have been.

      ---In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Richard,

      Are you having fun learning how this program works? I sure am!

      I don't see the B register in that code snip. Here's the code I have:

      07c7   c0 0a bb      L07C7: lbr L0ABB ; Branch and return

      07ca   86            L07CA: glo r6

      07cb   f4             add

      07cc   a6             plo r6 ; Point R6 to next destination square

      07cd   87             glo r7

      07ce   f4             add

      07cf   a7             plo r7 ; Point R7 for next destination square

      07d0   0c             ldn r12 ; End of this King?

      07d1   32 d8         bz L07D8 ; If so, branch

      07d3   1c             inc r12

      07d4   e1             sex r1

      07d5   d0             sep r0 ; If not, score this square

      07d6   30 ca         br L07CA ; Branch back to get next square. BUG branching to the middle of lbr L0ABB. fixed

      The B register is reference 4 time in the program though but all in junk code that's never used. It is free to use if you want. There is a lot of code in the program that's never used. I think Floyd was experimenting and never removed it.

      Now that I look at it there was a bug at 07d6. It was 30 c9. The instruction br 07c9. It was branching to the middle of the lbr instruction at 07c7. At bb or what would've been the instruction phi b. Is that what you're seeing?

      ---In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, <cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello system3025

      I Ran Into Another bug An was going to ask how you handled it

      code Snip

      07C7 C00ABB LBR

      07D6 30C9 BR

      this changes the B register that has been stated is not used.
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2013

        Yes The Branch into the end of the long branch was the problem, I did change it to CA but is This The Right Place or Should It go to an earlier point, that is now in 0ABB part.

        An yes on the fun,

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2013

          Yes, that's the correct address.That code worked correctly before. Branching there doesn't change anything except the B register isn't changed but it wasn't used.