Chess Program

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2013
      Hello system3025

      I Ran Into Another bug An was going to ask how you handled it

      code Snip

      07C7 C00ABB LBR

      07D6 30C9 BR

      this changes the B register that has been stated is not used.
    • system3025
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2013

        Hi Richard,

        Are you having fun learning how this program works? I sure am!

        I don't see the B register in that code snip. Here's the code I have:

        07c7   c0 0a bb      L07C7: lbr L0ABB ; Branch and return

        07ca   86            L07CA: glo r6

        07cb   f4             add

        07cc   a6             plo r6 ; Point R6 to next destination square

        07cd   87             glo r7

        07ce   f4             add

        07cf   a7             plo r7 ; Point R7 for next destination square

        07d0   0c             ldn r12 ; End of this King?

        07d1   32 d8         bz L07D8 ; If so, branch

        07d3   1c             inc r12

        07d4   e1             sex r1

        07d5   d0             sep r0 ; If not, score this square

        07d6   30 ca         br L07CA ; Branch back to get next square. BUG branching to the middle of lbr L0ABB. fixed

        The B register is reference 4 time in the program though but all in junk code that's never used. It is free to use if you want. There is a lot of code in the program that's never used. I think Floyd was experimenting and never removed it.

        Now that I look at it there was a bug at 07d6. It was 30 c9. The instruction br 07c9. It was branching to the middle of the lbr instruction at 07c7. At bb or what would've been the instruction phi b. Is that what you're seeing?

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2013

            Yes The Branch into the end of the long branch was the problem, I did change it to CA but is This The Right Place or Should It go to an earlier point, that is now in 0ABB part.

            An yes on the fun,

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2013

              Yes, that's the correct address.That code worked correctly before. Branching there doesn't change anything except the B register isn't changed but it wasn't used.