Netronics ASCII Keyboard

  • ekeefe8051
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2013

      Hello,

      Does anyone have the instructions (Assembly/User guide) for the Netronics ASCII Keyboard?

      I have the schematic and parts layout. I would like to know what the jumpers do and the suggested wiring for power and connections to an ELF II Giant Board.

      Thank you in advance,

      ED

    • Glen Roger
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 25, 2013
        Do you want the instructions for the Keyboard or the Video Display Board?
        Glen

      • ekeefe8051
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 25, 2013

          Hello,

          Thank you for responding!

          At this point I just need the keyboard instructions. I have a video display board also, but again, I only have the schematic and parts layout diagrams for it. If you have the instructions for the video board, I would be interested in them too.

          ED

          ---In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, <cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Do you want the instructions for the Keyboard or the Video Display Board?
          Glen

        • DOUGLAS YOUNG
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 26, 2013
            I have a FastVid video board instructions and schematic if this doesn't do it. This required a Tiny Basic modification when it was used. I used this with  my own keyboard design.

            Doug

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
            • 1 Attachment
            • 15 KB
            I have these if you still need any of them….

            FastVid Graphics Option – Assembly and user manual . 5 A4 pages including
            cover and warranty page. One page devoted to graphics character codes much
            of them Greek alphabet. This is very, very, faint having been printed by
            Netronics R&D on thermal paper. I need to transcribe it into file before
            it disappears completely.

            ASCii-A2 assembly instructions. Includes jumper config. VGC and easily
            scanned or photo’d

            Tiny Basic Modifications sheet – 4 sides on A4. VGC and easily scanned or
            photo’d.

            Video Display Board – Assembly Instructions 16 A4 pages. Condition good.
            Includes operating instructions and character code tables.

            FastVid Video Board Kit – Assembly User Manual on 9 A4 sheets. Again this
            is on thermal paper with poorer legibility than the FastVid Graphics Option
            sheet. I will have a go at transcribing it to file if it will be useful.

            Paul Backhouse

            Message 6 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013

              Hello,

              I am still looking for the ASCII keyboard assembly and instructions. Thanks to Glen Roger, I now have the Video Display Board assembly and instructions.

              I would like to take a look at these if possible:

              Tiny Basic Modifications sheet

              FastVid Video Board Kit

              FastVid Graphics Option

              @Paul Backhouse, I would be happy to help with the transcribing of the faint thermal printouts. If you can safely scan or photograph them, I would be glad to help.

              @Douglas Young, if you don't mind, I'd like to have a look at your FastVid video board instructions and schematic. Would this use the same Tiny Basic modification that Paul has?

              Thank you in advance guys,

              Message 7 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013

                I’ve opened a new folder in the group files section “ELFII ASCii Keyboard” – amongst other things to preserve ELFII keyboard docs which are rapidly fading away needing transcribing.   I’ve started to tackle the easy stuff first, but even these docs needed a fair bit of extra contrast and sharpening to make them near-presentable.    Apols that some of the files, especially the detailed circuit schematics, are on the large side to keep them legible.   These are all best viewed at full size.

                There’s more to come.   I’m assuming I’m OK with Netronics copyright notices provided I preserve/repeat these where they occur on the documents.

                Paul.

                Message 8 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013

                   Hello,

                  Thank you for uploading the Netronics files!

                  This is just what I was looking for. I am wrapping up the restoration of a Netronics Elf II system and just need to get the keyboard working.

                  Thanks again,