MPJA has $0.25 toggle switches

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2013
      Hi All,

      If anyone wants to build a Membership Card "on the cheap", Marlin P.
      Jones Associates www.mpja.com has the front panel toggle switches for 25
      cents each. Their part# is 18275 SW. That's 1/6th of the price I pay for
      them! You can order a bare board for $19, and populate it yourself to
      save money.

      However, there's a catch. The switches I supply are on/on (no center
      position) and have PCB terminals. The MPJA switches are on/off/on
      (center off), and have solder lug terminals for wires. So you'd have to
      mount the switches to a front panel, and use little pieces of wire to
      connect them to the PC board. I also suspect the MPJA switches are cheap
      ones from China (caveat emptor).
      --
      Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
      -- Henry Ford