Re: [cosmacelf] COSMAC Dev Sys

  • Buzz
    Message 1 of 47 , Aug 25, 2013
    Steve,
    Here is what is in the COSMAC DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM CDP 18S008Y1

    CDP 18S402    PROM PROGAMMER
    CDP 18S605    CPU 1804/1802
    CDP 18S621    16K RAM (3 EACH)
    CDP 18S620    8 K RAM (3 EACH)
    CDP 18S646    PARALLEL I/O (PRINTER AND FLOPPY DISK CONTROLLER)
    CDP 18S641    VIDEO CONTROLLER
    CDP 18S569    PROM BOARD - EDIT/ASM BASIC

    Attached are the pictures of the boards.

    Thank you.

    Message 47 of 47 , Sep 19, 2013
      Hi steve: did you get a chance to look for mpm-206 and 207?

      From: bill_rowe_ottawa@...
      Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:33:54 -0700
      To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com

      The most useful thing would be the first couple of pages of code from mpm-207 the floating point routines. That would let me know if they're different from what i have today.

      Thanks very much.

      Bill

      On 2013-08-24, at 3:23 PM, "Steve Gemeny" <steve@...> wrote:

      Bill,

      While I'm lunching with the scanner next week I'll slip in part of the timeshare manual.  That should at least give you a chance to see if it really is what you're interested in.

      Steve

      Sent by my large thumbs via tiny soft iKeys...

      Steve: i remain very keen on the floating point and binary routines.

      This is very good news. I'm impressed that it happened so fast and with
      positive results. I guess I was expecting much more red tape.

      Did this list include the RCA COSMAC Game Manual (original & II)?

      :)J

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "urrossum@..." <mark@...> wrote:

      > > I'm happy to report that I've heard back from Intersil's legal
      department, and have been able to add the following section to the FAQ (
      http://www.cosmacelf.com/forumfaq.html ):

      > Wow, Dave - that's fantastic! And incredibly fast, too! Thanks very much
      for handling this!

      > > The documents referred to in the aforementioned email were:
      >
      > So, in the "look a gift horse in the mouth" category, is there any reason
      that the document "Timesharing Manual for the RCA CDP1802 COSMAC
      Microprocessor" was excluded? I'd really like to get a copy of that one.

      > > I'll likely have time to start some scanning this week. Please be
      patient while we work to get these documents scanned and online. I'll
      announce new documents as they become available on cosmacelf.com. If anyone
      already has any of these documents scanned into PDF form, please let me know
      at dave@ .

      > Again, I'd be happy to aid in scanning. I'm located in the Silicon Valley
      area, if anyone is local, but of course there's FedEx.

      > Some documents that I have currently in PDF form (mostly scanned not by
      me, and I don't know if any of them have already been authorized for
      re-distribution) are:

      > - Several versions of the Intersil 1802 series PDF datasheets, including
      some that no longer seem to be available on their web site;

      > - Scans of datasheets, presumably RCA but not always identified as such,
      including CDP1804, CDP1861, CDP1869, and the TA6889/TA6890 pair;

      > - Scans of three versions of the "User Manual for the COSMAC
      Microprocessor": MPM-101, MPM-201A, and MPM-201B;

      > - A scan of "Design Ideas for the CDP1802 COSMAC Microprocessor", BMP-802;
      >
      > - A scan of a white paper, entitled "A Radiation-Hardened Bulk Si-Gate
      CMOS Microprocessor Family" by personnel at RCA and Sandia Labs(5 pages);

      > - A scan of the "RCA COSMAC Microboard Computer CDP18S604B" manual;
      >
      > - A scan of all 800 pages of the "RCA Solid State Databook - CMOS
      Microprocessors, Memories, and Peripherals" as distributed by Hamilton
      Avnet;

      > As I mentioned, most of these I slurped from the Internet somewhere (some
      of them here!), so credit (and possible "mechanical rights") for the scans
      are definitely due to others. However, perhaps these titles could be
      included in the next batch of requests to Intersil's lawyers.

      > Again, many thanks for your efforts, Dave!
      > ~~
      > Mark Moulding

      Attachment(s) from Buzz
      2 of 2 Photo(s)