Re: [cosmacelf] Logic Analyzer recently discussed, please read.

  • Steve Gemeny
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 19, 2013
      Josh,
      I applaud your integrity on this.

      I was going to add that those who prefer the iOperaring system might find some of the similar apps offered by Oscium (from the land of OZ) to be worthwhile - except for the price. Now based on the non-bootleg price for hardware, they might be worth considering.

      I find the idea of using the iPhone or the iPad to be a compelling motivation.

      Steve

      Sent by my large thumbs via tiny softness iKeys...

      On Jul 17, 2013, at 9:51 PM, "joshbensadon" <joshbensadon@...> wrote:

      > Hi Group,
      >
      > I recently endorsed a Logic Analyzer that I purchased through Alibaba from China. The software that came with it was from a company called Saleae. I wasn't aware that this device was using stolen software, but after reading the article at
      >
      > http://www.saleae.com/counterfeit
      >
      > I am convinced that I have one of these "Cheap Knock Off" units.
      >
      > I regret endorsing such a product and retract that endorsement.
      >
      > I urge you to NOT buy any cheap knock offs.
      >
      > In an attempt to make things right, I have placed an order for a legitimate unit directly from their website.
      >
      > They sell 2 units.
      > 8 channel for $150
      > 16 channel for $300
      >
      > They offer a 33% discount for students (NICE).
      >
      > Even at $150, this tool is worth it.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Josh Bensadon

    • Chris
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 20, 2013
        I have one of these that has worked out well.

        http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Logic_Sniffer_quick_start_guide

        http://www.epictinker.com/Open-Workbench-Logic-Sniffer-p/obc101e1p.htm

        C.W.