Re: [cosmacelf] Logic Analyzer recently discussed, please read.

  • Andrew Wasson
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 17, 2013
      Josh,

      Thanks for doing the research. I was going to buy that $9 model after work (7:20PM and I'm still at work, sigh….) but I'm not going to support a knock off theft from Saleae. Their device looks awesome and well worth the money. I think short term I'll build one like Ted's and see if St. Nick will get me one of those Saleae ones for Christmas : )

      Cheers,
      Andrew

      On 2013-07-17, at 6:51 PM, "joshbensadon" <joshbensadon@...> wrote:

      Hi Group,

      I recently endorsed a Logic Analyzer that I purchased through Alibaba from China. The software that came with it was from a company called Saleae. I wasn't aware that this device was using stolen software, but after reading the article at

      http://www.saleae.com/counterfeit

      I am convinced that I have one of these "Cheap Knock Off" units.

      I regret endorsing such a product and retract that endorsement.

      I urge you to NOT buy any cheap knock offs.

      In an attempt to make things right, I have placed an order for a legitimate unit directly from their website.

      They sell 2 units.
      8 channel for $150
      16 channel for $300

      They offer a 33% discount for students (NICE).

      Even at $150, this tool is worth it.

      Regards,
      Josh Bensadon

    • Chris
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 20, 2013
        I have one of these that has worked out well.

        http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Logic_Sniffer_quick_start_guide

        http://www.epictinker.com/Open-Workbench-Logic-Sniffer-p/obc101e1p.htm

        C.W.