Re: RCA COSMAC Game Manual II

    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 27, 2013
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "jdrose_8_bit" <rarecoinbuyer@...> wrote:
      > It would be cool to have a single file complete PDF scan of the original manual.

      I actually re-entered all the chapters from the first manual and I even tested all the programs. I think 1 or 2 had some small bugs which I fixed along the way. I didn't have the time to do the same with the 2nd manual, so I just scanned it cover to cover. It does look nicer scanned, there's that old look to the pages that comes through.

      When I can, I'll scan the orignal, preferably on the same scanner to keep consistent.

      Message 47 of 47 , Sep 19, 2013
        Hi steve: did you get a chance to look for mpm-206 and 207?

        Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] COSMAC Dev Sys
        From: bill_rowe_ottawa@...
        Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:33:54 -0700
        To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com

        The most useful thing would be the first couple of pages of code from mpm-207 the floating point routines. That would let me know if they're different from what i have today.

        Thanks very much.

        On 2013-08-24, at 3:23 PM, "Steve Gemeny" <steve@...> wrote:

        While I'm lunching with the scanner next week I'll slip in part of the timeshare manual.  That should at least give you a chance to see if it really is what you're interested in.

        Sent by my large thumbs via tiny soft iKeys...

        Steve: i remain very keen on the floating point and binary routines.

        On 2013-08-23, at 1:33 PM, "Steve Gemeny" <steve@...> wrote:

        Actually, I’m sorry to say, I haven’t begun.

        It wasn’t clear there was anyone interested so I didn’t start.

        The MPM-208 Ops Man for COSMAC Dev Sys is ~136 pages… that’ll take some doing.

        I think I may try cutting the staples loose and scanning it as 2 sided 11x17.  Unfortunately that’ll mean it is largely unreadable unless it gets printed out on 11x17, folded into 8.5x11 and re-stapled.

        The MPM-216 Ops Man COSMAC Dev Sys II 18S005 is a bit smaller @ 124 pages…  Same problem though.

        The other question is, while I have them, and am willing to scan them for the greater good, it is not clear that both are covered under the release obtained by Dave.

        In the case of MPM-216 the title - “Operator Manual for COSMAC Development  System II CDP-18S005” exists in the list but there is no mention of the title “Operator Manual for COSMAC Development  System” nor is it referenced by number as MPM-208.

        Dave lists the title, but not the specific manual number in his communications with Intersil.  Since RCA was in the habit of changing the manual number for newer releases there could still be some confusion.

        I’ll ask Dave to consider a more detailed listing of title and document number if he decides to revisit this with his Intersil legal contacts.

        I’ll also consider opinions for the gallery on these points.