Re: Building an ELF in Logisim

  • jdrose_8_bit
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2013
      That is nifty. Seems to run fine on an ASUS with Windows 7 and Java 6.

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/circuit/

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "i_am_logan5" <johnrwind@...> wrote:

      > All you need to have installed is Java. Logisim is a neat little one-file executable. I carry Logisim around on a thumb drive and work on little projects like this when I am bored. As long as I have access to a computer with Java installed, I am good to go.

    • thinkpast
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2013
        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "i_am_logan5" <johnrwind@...> wrote:

        > All you need to have installed is Java. Logisim is a neat little one-file executable. I carry Logisim around on a thumb drive and work on little projects like this when I am bored. As long as I have access to a computer with Java installed, I am good to go.

        I recall looking at Logisim, but as of a few months ago, there was some conflict between Java's owner Oracle, and the Mozilla (Firefox browser) organization. Seems they claimed that then-current versions of Java for Windows, permitted some known security risks. So I did not have a current-enough version of Java to operate the Logisim product. This may have changed by now.

        Herb Johnson
      • DougCrawford
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2013
          Did you look at LogicCircuit?
          Its pretty nice too.
          Its a full application; logisim being in Java may have charm.
          thanks for the heads up.