Re: [cosmacelf] Re: OT Stop Motion

    Message 1 of 33 , May 7, 2013
      jdrose_8_bit wrote:
      >> Ray Harryhausen is of course the grand master.
      > May he rest in peace.
      > http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/stop-motion-effects-pioneer-ray-harryhausen-dies-92-195508499.html

      In a strange twist to bring this back on topic, one of our customers for
      BASYS boards when I was at TMSI was a studio that did stop-frame
      animation in Chicago. BASYS boards drove the stepper motors that
      controlled each axis of the camera and animation stand. They were
      ideally suited because they had on-board drivers that could directly
      drive the stepper motors.

      --
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man
      depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw
      Message 33 of 33 , May 10, 2013

        > In a strange twist to bring this back on topic, one of our customers for
        > BASYS boards when I was at TMSI was a studio that did stop-frame
        > animation in Chicago. BASYS boards drove the stepper motors that
        > controlled each axis of the camera and animation stand. They were
        > ideally suited because they had on-board drivers that could directly
        > drive the stepper motors.

        For time-lapses of the desert and weather I use high precision DC motors to move the camera along a track in a single plane. Interesting thought to change the axis of the camera as it moves. Could make for some nifty pans. I could see how an 1802 would be good for that.