Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Book Review: Programmer's Guide to the 1802

  • William Donnelly
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4 2:15 AM
      No, REAL, actual Publish On Demand (POD) books are pretty easy to do and
      are basically "free" to do, and sell on Amazon. And they are not a bunch of printed pages
      cheaply bound, they are actual, real paperback books. That we could probably purchase
      for around $15, and Tom would make a small amount. (maybe about $5 per copy, but
      that's up to what the author wants to set his net to over and above the base cost)

      – Bill

      On 5/3/2013 12:06 AM, Paul Birkel wrote:

      Isn't that what they make laser printers, 3-hole punches, and binders for :->?  Even these days, getting a professionally printed-n-bound vanity-press print run isn't going to be cheap.  Get the PDF; print what you need then.  I'll bet Kinkos has a deal to turn a PDF into a nice-looking double-sided hardcopy, as many times as you like.  FedEx (surprise!) offers this service as well.

      Some example info: http://www.huatingcn.com/how-to-publish/publish-book-kinkos/

      On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:52 AM, William Donnelly <william@...> wrote:
      I'm pushing for a paperback version.
      Something like this really needs to be hardcopy,
      and I don't want to be thumbing through my
      collector's copy.

      – Bill

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional