Re: Book Review: Programmer's Guide to the 1802

    Message 1 of 18 , May 3, 2013
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "jdrose_8_bit" <rarecoinbuyer@...> wrote:

      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Backhouse" <paul@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I, for one, am just grateful to Tom for considering release as
      > > a PDF.
      > >

      > Hear! Hear!

      I'll triple the motion. Looking forward to some good old reading :)
    • Andrew Wasson
      Message 2 of 18 , May 3, 2013
        Yes, I'm also really happy to hear that this book will be made available too.

        Thanks to Tom Swan for considering that.

        I still find a wealth of information when referring to some of the books and magazines I grew up with. When you're working with limited instruction sets and small memory you really have to think about how you're going to get things done. I appreciate that sort of thinking over the just grab a uController methodology. It's like using a transistor as an inverter instead of a chip when you just need one in your circuit.

        Andrew

        On 2013-05-03, at 3:25 PM, "joshbensadon" <joshbensadon@...> wrote:

        --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "jdrose_8_bit" <rarecoinbuyer@...> wrote:

        > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Backhouse" <paul@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I, for one, am just grateful to Tom for considering release as
        > > a PDF.
        > >

        > Hear! Hear!

        I'll triple the motion. Looking forward to some good old reading :)

      • Charles Richmond
        Message 3 of 18 , May 3, 2013
          On May 3, 2013, at 5:25 PM, joshbensadon wrote:

          > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "jdrose_8_bit"
          > <rarecoinbuyer@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Backhouse" <paul@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I, for one, am just grateful to Tom for considering release as
          > > > a PDF.
          > > >

          > > Hear! Hear!
          > >

          > I'll triple the motion. Looking forward to some good old reading :)

          Yep, as I posted before... it's a book you're going to want to
          *study*. For reference, the book has good index facilities. You can
          easily get by without using the computer to search the text.

          |.....Charles and Francis Richmond.......|
          |........................................|
          |..plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com...|
        • William Donnelly
          Message 4 of 18 , May 4, 2013
            No, REAL, actual Publish On Demand (POD) books are pretty easy to do and
            are basically "free" to do, and sell on Amazon. And they are not a bunch of printed pages
            cheaply bound, they are actual, real paperback books. That we could probably purchase
            for around $15, and Tom would make a small amount. (maybe about $5 per copy, but
            that's up to what the author wants to set his net to over and above the base cost)

            – Bill

            On 5/3/2013 12:06 AM, Paul Birkel wrote:

            Isn't that what they make laser printers, 3-hole punches, and binders for :->?  Even these days, getting a professionally printed-n-bound vanity-press print run isn't going to be cheap.  Get the PDF; print what you need then.  I'll bet Kinkos has a deal to turn a PDF into a nice-looking double-sided hardcopy, as many times as you like.  FedEx (surprise!) offers this service as well.

            Some example info: http://www.huatingcn.com/how-to-publish/publish-book-kinkos/

            On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:52 AM, William Donnelly <william@...> wrote:
            I'm pushing for a paperback version.
            Something like this really needs to be hardcopy,
            and I don't want to be thumbing through my
            collector's copy.

            – Bill

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional