Re: [cosmacelf] Re: I have just built...

    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 24, 2013
      On 4/24/2013 8:58 PM, Andrew Wasson wrote:
      > Hi Lee,
      >
      > The pleasure is all mine. Forrest Mims is definitely a genius. I got hooked on his stuff with those big blue Engineers Notebooks you could buy at Radio Shack. I even found some schematics I must have drawn when I was 12 -13 years old for logic driven alarm systems and things like that.
      >
      > I'm particularly interested in the Hex keypad circuits because I'll need one for foraging back into our TTL CPU experiments.

      I think I sent you the schematic for the one I designed for the
      Membership Card? It was a hex keypad and 2-digit hex LED display, using
      an EPROM, 74HC393 counter, 74LS145 decoder, and 74HC273 octal latch. Of
      course, it stands on the shoulders of giants like Forrest Mims, Don
      Lancaster, and others.

      --
      If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?
      -- Albert Einstein