Re: [cosmacelf] Solar and the 1802

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2013
      On 4/22/2013 6:46 AM, jdrose_8_bit wrote:
      > Earth Day. Made me think of the solar, low power applications the 1802 might have been used in. (Applications of the 1802 in space are well known. Not sure if they were solar or nuclear powered but I would guess some of the near earth craft are solar powered.)
      >
      > Do any of you work on terrestrial based solar powered 1802 applications? Remote data logging is one example that I saw online. Anything else?

      Long long ago when I worked for Technical Micro Systems, we sold 1802
      SBCs to companies that used them on solar power. One example I recall
      was in data loggers that sat on a fence post in a farmer's field, and
      radioed local weather conditions.

      --
      Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the
      complicated simple. -- Charles Mingus