Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Video of 1802 Membership Card Build

  • William Donnelly
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 21, 2013
      It's been years since I've seen that. And it was done old-school using
      a 16mm film camera.
      I think I first saw it at a sci-fi convention in the 80's.
      And maybe at the Spike and Mike's Festival of Animation in the 90's or early 00's.
      I never saw the feature film, that I remember. The 1:37 film is on YT:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ldOTw60Ozg

      Interesting and good in its own way is his Fashionation from the Animato collection.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2f0Uk_0MWY

      And Time Tripper is really short:

      http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrl9y3_time-tripper-mike-jittlov_shortfilms#.UXRG4cp480Q

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard_of_Speed_and_Time

      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spike-and-Mikes-Festival-of-Animation/102621521371

      – Bill

      On 4/21/2013 5:43 AM, bill rowe wrote:

      That's quite wonderful - and he did it without google streetview!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLhLn9hVkE

    • jdrose_8_bit
      Message 33 of 33 , May 10, 2013

        > In a strange twist to bring this back on topic, one of our customers for
        > BASYS boards when I was at TMSI was a studio that did stop-frame
        > animation in Chicago. BASYS boards drove the stepper motors that
        > controlled each axis of the camera and animation stand. They were
        > ideally suited because they had on-board drivers that could directly
        > drive the stepper motors.

        For time-lapses of the desert and weather I use high precision DC motors to move the camera along a track in a single plane. Interesting thought to change the axis of the camera as it moves. Could make for some nifty pans. I could see how an 1802 would be good for that.